radiator

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
BabySuzi
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

radiator

Post by BabySuzi » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:22 pm

hey all.

my sj has been off the road for a year but I need to get it running again.

it's needing a new radiator among other things and I was just wondering if anyone here has ever got one from 'advanced radiators', adrad.co.uk?

SherwoodNash
Winching along now
Winching along now

Re: radiator

Post by SherwoodNash » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi!

Yes I bought my new SJ410 rad from them last November, very nice people to chat with, I always speak to companies first by phone before I actually put my order through online.

I paid £100.99 (including next day delivery if I remember).

A couple of points to note:
1. This is a plastic framed rad unlike the SJ's brass, and your old rad cap won't fit the larger new spout. Confirm before you order, that a suitable rad cap will be included, as this is not mentioned in the blurb on their SJ page.
2. The drain plug nut at the bottom is just that, a plastic nut only and has no drain take off spout to attach a hose unlike the OEM SJ one.

I only replaced mine due to front fin damage due to careless (me!) use of tools when adjusting my grille.
In hindsight I wish I had tried one of those fin 'combs' first, as the OEM SJ rad is better quality all round.

Good luck! it's a very straight forward job.

BabySuzi
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by BabySuzi » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:16 pm

cheers bud.

I'm only asking because the price was less than 50 including standard delivery. I'll have to call them to check as you mentioned the cap and spout.

SherwoodNash
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by SherwoodNash » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:13 pm

Do you have a SJ413 then and are you talking about the SJ413 version? It may be different spec then to mine?

For some reason the 413 rads are half the price of the SJ410 model even though they're slightly bigger.

I was thinking about fitting the 413 rad into my 410, but I just wanted to drop one straight in without drilling new mounting holes etc.