pics of me trip out sunday

A place to post all your pictures and videos or links to any you've found on the tinterweb that you think people will enjoy.
only one rule, no nakedness but make it as dirty as you like! (In the muddy kind of way)
urbanzook
Winching along now
Winching along now

pics of me trip out sunday

Post by urbanzook » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:28 am

hi all was out sunday putting my new wheels to the test with a few mates. BEN BLACK, DAN GREEN, ME CAMO. i only managed to rip my roof an pulled 3 popers off by the end off the day dam trees. o well still a good day out.
Attachments
muddy1.jpg
muddy1.jpg (240.48 KiB) Viewed 9494 times
muddy.1.jpg
muddy.1.jpg (178.79 KiB) Viewed 9495 times
muddy.jpg
muddy.jpg (123.09 KiB) Viewed 9497 times
DONT FOLLOW ME YOU WONT MAKE IT !!!
SEE WOT I GET UP TO CLICK ME!!!!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: pics of me trip out sunday

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:41 pm

Looks like a fun day out! your SJ flex's pretty well too! what springs are you running?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

urbanzook
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by urbanzook » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:29 pm

cant tell ya i got them off sj uk when they was sj uk now PARASOURCE but still http://www.sj-uk.co.uk/
i had a six month wait
Attachments
sjj.jpg
sjj.jpg (68.79 KiB) Viewed 9476 times

baRoN
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by baRoN » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:21 pm

That is a mean looking zook. You really don’t look like you should be driving it though. You look like you’d be more at home stepping out of a hot hatch with dice, tinted windows and a speed hump scraping body kit. You do have a colour coordinated hat though. Driving over the scrap car looks fun, I’ll have to try that. Shame about the roof tares, I have found that making a laminate of gaffa-tape and aluminium tape makes a durable water tight repair on things like that... and it only takes seconds to do.

urbanzook
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by urbanzook » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:24 pm

funny you shod say about the hot hatch this is my other car you discribed it down to a t
also check my you tube for vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBblwRsSNrs
Attachments
astra.jpg
astra.jpg (57.53 KiB) Viewed 9430 times

baRoN
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by baRoN » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Well, I was expecting you to have a go at me for my cruel accusations :jawdrop: I was not expecting you to post a picture of that exact hot hatch!

Well I’m afraid that hot hatches don’t really butter my bread (more crap on by toast) but I still think your zook is the badgers tadger. You have to bear in mind that I do own a matt black suped up Reliant 3 wheeler, so perhapse I’m not in the best position to comment.

urbanzook
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by urbanzook » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:00 pm

i love the car spent 2 year doing it is my baby, but as you will no us men ant 2 good with a baby were more at home with a monster thats y she is up for sale an my sj is the way it is. an with the sale of the astra the zook will grow.

really you have an old dell boy car sweet. post a pic wanna see.
how ya suped it up?
i think they go fast enough as they are so easy to roll an there only fibre glass.
1st mod for me on a old robbin Reliant wood be roll cage.

baRoN
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by baRoN » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:27 pm

Roll? What makes you think they roll, mine never... oh yeah there was that time it rolled over on the roundabout, and the time it took off on the motorway, and those other times it took off... yeah they go fast enough as standard, but it doesn’t hurt to make them extra dangerous... does it?. I didn’t do any extreme speed mods, I just blew the original engine up and rebuilt it with bits from later models and from my old mini. The result was a bit more compression, better gearing and the luxury of a pre-engaged starter... and the thing would pull a ton... terrifyingly! It’s hard to keep at least two wheels on the ground at that speed. The air gets under them and lifts them up. Because of the high power to weight ratio, it’s acceleration was spooky, and I used to love humiliating BMWs (and, erm, hot hatches) at the lights... of course I was fucked as soon as we got to a corner. I ride some pretty very fast motorbikes, but there is no challenge when on those... going fast in a reliant took skill (or possibly madness). It is gathering moss at the moment, as insurance is quite high, but now that fuel prices have gone up ,it’s 80mpg seems tempting again. The weight of a roll cage would make the reliant more dangerous, and over heat and move like a slug, I know, a friend did it. The fibre glass is surprisingly strong, it don’ts and then ops back to shape... and you can always pop rivet an ally panel over it. Plus with a galvanised chassis and fibre glass body, rust is not an issue.
That’s it many years back, it’s now a bit meaner with the grill replaced with mesh and some ally strengthening panels riveted in place.

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:36 pm

like scottie said those springs r nearly inside out!

Hope mine soften up a bit as they wear in. Ive done 390 miles on them and they r still rock solid!

1st mod on a reliant has to be stabilisers!
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

urbanzook
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by urbanzook » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:05 pm

a ton in i 3 wheels death trap, you have very large doggy dangels.
u shod put a wing on the nose to keep it on the grownd.
hum strong? robbin tree tree robbin = x mas tree
a tree covered in fibre glass dust with shiny bits all ova an a not so nice suprise at the bottom

my sj ant dun hardly any miles they flext like that the day i got them, less now iv got the bigger wheels, need a body lift. so get the extra room in the arches. stop them hitting