Needing help and advice on my SJ410

A place to post all your pictures and videos or links to any you've found on the tinterweb that you think people will enjoy.
only one rule, no nakedness but make it as dirty as you like! (In the muddy kind of way)
Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Needing help and advice on my SJ410

Post by Anton » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:08 am

If you dry store it over the winter, over-inflate the tyres so that they don't deform, and put a calendar reminder in your phone to turn the engine over every few months.

Other than that, just service it and keep it dry.

You're not going to see 10k for it, if you do then buy yourself a huge drink! Most mint LJ's go for a lot less than 10k and they're a lot older and rarer.

Honestly, I'd keep it, and take it out on sunny weekend afternoons, find a nice country pub for lunch. If nothing else, because they're going up in value now, albeit slowly.

Eventually it's going to be worth pretty good money, but right now you'll end up giving it away and then regret it.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Needing help and advice on my SJ410

Post by Tramp » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:24 am

I agree, that's a tidy looking SJ but if you sell it you wouldn't find another, the thing with SJ's is that there is such a small following that price don't really reflect there versatility, in other countries they are in much more demand, but in England? I think you would be looking around the 1.5k to 2.5k........ Very broad range and you would probably have to wait a long time for the right buyer to come along, But if you put it for sale on Facebook they'd be expecting you to part with it for less than a grand!!!! They only care about off road modifications and don't appreciate clean genuine trucks,

Sorry to echo everyone else on here but your best just stashing it away in a garage and using it for the summer, it isn't worth selling it! - that's what I found with mine. You'll get more enjoyment out of driving it than you would with the money from selling it!