The no dosh Vitara revamp

A place to advertise all vehicles for sale
donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here

The no dosh Vitara revamp

Post by donkeychomp » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:19 am

Sad day for sure. I love this Vitara but with one LJ costing me a fortune and the other now my daily drive this has got to go...to a good home only!

If you're reading this then you've read the build thread. She's not quite finished to my liking yet. New bucket seats are going in, new harnesses are already there. Two extra dials are going in the dash, oil pressure and volts. The pick up area is going to be lined in thick rubber and the roof lights need wiring up as does the winch.

All this will be done prior to sale. She has seven months MOT left but if you really want me to I'll get a new one. No way will she fail an MOT.

Starts every time, no throttle just turn the key.

Unlike most 4x4 ads she will not go anywhere. No car can but I've never got stuck yet!

Got a price in mind but open to sensible offers.

Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ticks over...leave it

Anton

Re: The no dosh Vitara revamp

Post by Anton » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:17 am

Sad, it's the nicest vit on the forum in my opinion. But the fact that you're driving an LJ on a daily basis has to be seen as a nice move forwards!

I really like this grey, one day (yeah, right!) I'll paint my SJ that grey.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Sigh. I love my Vitara but I can't justify 2 cars, especially one that would never see any use, ie the Vit.

I remember when I sold my SJ...almost cried as some little herbert screamed off down the road in it, only to find out the thing was never taxed after and was exported. Tosser.

So I'd like this to go to an SCUK member, I'll even take a lower offer than what I will put it up for on ebay...needs an owner who will maintain her like I have.

ps Anton I can spray your SJ in two days, even do some body prep if it needs it. Dirt cheap too.

Anton

Post by Anton » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:26 pm

donkeychomp wrote:ps Anton I can spray your SJ in two days, even do some body prep if it needs it. Dirt cheap too.
When I've got the bodywork sorted out to some kind of degree, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks, buddy!
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Sparrowhawker
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Sparrowhawker » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:53 pm

hi mate sorry to hear you have to sell it, i can tell from your writting how gutted you are. Is it man or auto buddy....

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Manual, sorry matey.

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:23 am

£1400 takes Piglet 3 as she stands. If I finish her like I want to (new seats, lights wired up, pick up area finished and new dials it's a bit more).