Front Suspension problem!

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
TomBod08
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Front Suspension problem!

Post by TomBod08 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Ladaman wrote:Is the pin that locates in the axle at mid length, or off centre?

Could you have put the front axle spring on the front axle, but effectively the front loop at the back and vice versa, if you understand what I'm saying? Or am I talking crap?

I totally agree with Jordi, for that price they need to help you sort it out.
I'm not too sure what you mean, it's me having a blonde moment :lol:. but yeah after I've got my zuk sorted it would be good to meet some of you guys.
One life. Live it....With a Suzuki

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:25 pm

TomBod08 wrote:True that's what I was thinking. While your here do you guys all go green laning together, been wanting to go for a while but have no one to go with? But I'm guessing you all live down south?
I am highly offended by that! I think Sir that you are a southerner to me :hahaha:

I get where your coming from ladaman, presume you mean the bolt for tieing the pack together and locating the axle. I don't think its position would make any difference, seems to be a spring length issue.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

TomBod08
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TomBod08 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:29 pm

My apologies haha, but there is a lot of you guys down south? Or there usually is :lol:

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by turbo-tom » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:29 pm

I am :cowboy::
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:32 pm

A lot of the lads are from the dorset / wiltshire area.

Few scattered along the south coast into london and essex. A handful of us in the north east/yorks/lincs and a few over cumbria way.

Think theres a few up Scotch too.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Ladaman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Jordi wrote:I am highly offended by that! I think Sir that you are a southerner to me :hahaha:

I get where your coming from ladaman, presume you mean the bolt for tieing the pack together and locating the axle. I don't think its position would make any difference, seems to be a spring length issue.
Just about everybody is a "Southerner" compared to you!! :hahaha:

Yeah the pin that ties the spring pack together. I know what you mean by spring length. I'm just going to have a quiet moment while I think if it matters or not. :er:
YouTube
Ignis Sport 1.5 16V; Jimny gearbox, 410 transfer box; 5.125:1 Vitara diffs; rear Lockright, Rob Storr full float rear axle, rear discs, YJ springs, virtual lift, 31" Grizzly Claws, beadlock rims, +50mm LR arches, LED rear lights, LED roof spots, bucket seats, Luke harnesses, internal cage

TomBod08
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TomBod08 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:36 pm

More spread out than I thought haha, is there certain dates you go green laning or just whenever everyone free?

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Ladaman wrote:
Jordi wrote:I am highly offended by that! I think Sir that you are a southerner to me :hahaha:

Yeah the pin that ties the spring pack together. I know what you mean by spring length. I'm just going to have a quiet moment while I think if it matters or not. :er:
I don't think it matters. Spring length is still the same. All that would affect is the axle position. I can't imagine an aftermarket kit positioning the axle anywhere but centre.

To answer your last post hes usually out around shearing season. Always wears wellies too so i heard. :hahaha:
Last edited by Jordi on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:39 pm

I know Scottie wants to make the Wagtail weekend an annual thing.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

TomBod08
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TomBod08 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Jordi wrote:
Ladaman wrote:

I don't think it matters. Spring length is still the same. All that would affect is the axle position. I can't imagine an aftermarket kit positioning the axle anywhere but centre.

To answer your last post Tom hes usually out around shearing season. :hahaha:
Ouch that must hurt :lol:, what is this wagtail weekend?