Jordis 1988 Samurai (Re)Build

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: Jordi's 1988 Samurai Build

Post by Jordi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Just had the carb off and cleaned the manifold joint up, more RTV, tightened it up, left it a bit, tightened some more. Now leaving it a bit longer to properly cure.

So i did this.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 3992 times
I had every intention of leaving it black but due to acquiring some minor metal deep scratches at Wiltshire i decided. One colour, one lot of spare paint.

Looks ok, rollered of course!
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:24 pm

We wanna see the 410 front clip on there ;) looks better with the yellow hood :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:40 pm

I'm loving this new yellow Scott. Its all out to get it painted for Wagtail. The new cherry bomb :rockin: too!
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Loving the hot rod yellow. Just some black detailing and chrome to really make it pop. :doublethumbs:
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

suzukisteve
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by suzukisteve » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:56 pm

niceeeeee. well done matey!
pickle power!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Another very important thing done. Dash pot oil topped up.

I seem to have quite a few minor things to do that are affecting its running.

Fairly sure for the rear diff it was crush collar and seal required?

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Looking good, what jobs next? ( after the diff)

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:32 pm

I have the 410 clip to fit, passenger window to swap, drivers door to swap. Then paint it all.

And as mentioned. New cherry bomb exhaust going on.

Clean it inside. Gots a few rotten bits to cut out and plate up too.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:37 am

Another couple of coats done on the bonnet.

Also been messing about with all my doors trying to make a good set. Passenger door is now a decent door, with a working window winder mech and a decent glass :doublethumbs:

Drivers door is a bit more of a chew on. There are a couple of snapped screws stuck in it. Need to drill these out and re tap the holes. Then it also needs a new window glass as the runner the glass sits in is rotting away nicely.

Then its a case of try all my keys in all my locks and make a set of door locks up.

Soon as the paint is dry enough to pull it out the garage i'm gonna run it up to temp and set the carb up again now it shouldn't be sucking air in.

Whilst its out i'll also lift the 410 clip out of the garage rafters and make a start on the VL cutting work :weld:

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Had the grinder out!

Started on the 410 front clip. Overall compare to the other clips i've used this is almost new!
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 3926 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 3926 times
Cut both arches out to the bottom of the groove in the wing and cut the inner arch out so its level. I've been going round a bit at a time and cleaning up all the small patches of rust on it. Ideally i want to clean the whole of it as much as possible and give it a few good coats of zinc primer then the yellow.

I've had to stop as its quite a faffy job and requires delicacy and accuracy. As i was getting frustrated i packed everything away before i ended up cutting it in two. 99% sure my Dad has a sand blast gun so may take it round there to do the hard to access bits.

I did go to machine mart to buy a joggler, i couldn't find any, they couldn't find any. Computer said there was 4 in stock, they came to the conclusion they'd been stolen.