Scottie's Zuke. Blue

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Scottie's Zuke

Post by turbo-tom » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:46 pm

going to be one beast of a 410 ones its FINALLY done :tongue: :rockin:
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Tis looking good matey!! Tis indeed :doublethumbs:
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Cheers guys :doublethumbs: I cant wait to get it finished :mrgreen:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Note to self! next time you build a suzuki, paint the bulkhead before fitting the engine! what a mission :lol: Note: I'm just brush painting all the bits that don't need a good finish, although using synthetic paint it comes out quite nice anyway :D this is an offroader after all and will get covered in mud and scratched a lot. the outside will be rollered for a better finish.

Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

b6mfd
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by b6mfd » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Christ, you dont do things by half do ya!

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:17 pm

school boy errors ehh :tongue:
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TanZuk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:26 am

Looking Great Scott,

That is a very tight fit between the motor and the bulkhead. It's hard to even install all the bits that need to go behind the motor. Can't imagine trying to paint behind it even with a brush. Can understand though. Once I go through the trouble of putting the big things in, don't like to remove them unless there is no other choice.

It is a shame that you can't find that Ospho to help with that surface rust. Don't like to put primer on until things are all fitted incase there is something else that needs to be added. Just a thought I get the Ospho at the body and paint supply store incase you haven't tried there.

Questions:

The panel that covers the back area where the gas tank sits is removable?
Did you add that partition panel between the front seat and rear cargo area?
Is there anything else going to be done with the gas tank filler neck?

Just a thought:
Really should put something over that hole where the carb goes. Critters and bolts sometimes decide to hide there.

Anyway it's comming along great. Nice to see you getting closer to finish

Terry

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:30 pm

TanZuk wrote:Looking Great Scott,

That is a very tight fit between the motor and the bulkhead. It's hard to even install all the bits that need to go behind the motor. Can't imagine trying to paint behind it even with a brush. Can understand though. Once I go through the trouble of putting the big things in, don't like to remove them unless there is no other choice.

It is a shame that you can't find that Ospho to help with that surface rust. Don't like to put primer on until things are all fitted incase there is something else that needs to be added. Just a thought I get the Ospho at the body and paint supply store incase you haven't tried there.

Hi Terry
Yes although it was a bit of a nightmare it was easier than pulling the engine that's for sure! I just thought it would be a shame to leave the bulkhead the old colour if everything else was being freshened up. I've had no luck whatsoever finding Ospho in the UK yet, it's a bit of a shame really. I have cleaned off every bit of rust and primed all the bare surfaces now apart from the section of chassis that I need to weld the front bumpstop mounts so at least I'm through the long & slow boring bit

Questions:

The panel that covers the back area where the gas tank sits is removable?
Did you add that partition panel between the front seat and rear cargo area?
Is there anything else going to be done with the gas tank filler neck?

Yes I have used rivnuts and the rear bed has 9 bolts holding it down.

The partition is a tailgate off a soft top SJ, I added this a few years ago when it was first converted into a pick up, it's fully welded in and provides a handy place to store maps and mount speakers etc.

As the standard fuel tank is a temporary solution until I can afford a racing fuel cell the filler will probably stay as it is. It's not ideal but I didn't want to put too much effort into something that will be changed a few months down the line

Just a thought:
Really should put something over that hole where the carb goes. Critters and bolts sometimes decide to hide there.
I did have the carb fitted but it need to be removed to take off the front clip so it hasn't been open long but yes you are probably correct, I'll do that next time I'm over the shop! There's nothing worse than having things end up where they shouldn't be in an engine. I once accidentally dropped a tiny washer down the inlet of a rover V8 while fitting the injector rails, ended up having to remove one of the heads to get it out, I wasn't even 100% sure if It went doen the inlet but I made the right decision of pulling it off to check! :lol:

Anyway it's comming along great. Nice to see you getting closer to finish
Thanks Terry! I'm looking forward to driving it again, it will be 2 years at the end of August since it was last on the road :armsup:

Terry
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 pm

That looks better :mrgreen:

Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TanZuk » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Scott,

I don't know about you, just seeing that hole covered up makes me feel better. :doublethumbs: :doublethumbs:

Terry