Zuk on 38's

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Zuk on 38's

Post by TanZuk » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:12 am

Its Alive Video

Edited down the 2 videos to just this one.

BTW the PS shock and bumpstops were not installed since the front axle still needs to be replaced.

Damn didn’t think that I looked that old.
Last edited by TanZuk on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:49 pm

Sounds and looks amazing Terry!!! One awesome Christmas present as well, finally getting to drive the Zuki. :rockin:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:07 pm

That's how SJ modding should be done. I've been waiting to hear that engine run for, what, over a year, two maybe?
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TanZuk » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:36 pm

ScottieJ wrote:Sounds and looks amazing Terry!!! One awesome Christmas present as well, finally getting to drive the Zuki. :rockin:

Thanks Scott,

It does feel good to finally get it moving. Still need to replace the bent front housing. The inside will take me quite some time to finish up to get it the way I want it.

The motor still needs to have the carbs dialed in and the mechical dizzy set properly. It does very well for power with the 38's. The front end alignment was just done by eye since I have to tear it down again for the new one. It did drive straighter then I thought it would.

Happy Holidays

Terry

TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TanZuk » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Edweird wrote:That's how SJ modding should be done. I've been waiting to hear that engine run for, what, over a year, two maybe?

Thanks for the compliment Edward, Can't believe you missed the video of the motor running on the very first page. Glad that the thread was interesting enough to keep you checking in after all this time.

I think after all the time researching the motor build and suspension for a year and a half before even getting a Zuk. Then thhe 3 years putting it together at this point, You are not the only one glad to see it moving.

I actually had quite a bit more hair on my head when I started then when I finished. :x

Thanks for following along

Terry

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here

Post by donkeychomp » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:44 pm

YES! Well done Terry!

Still got the Texas plate lol.

Brake lights might need a tweak and wondering why the front seat was different? Dirty jeans?

Love it, so glad she lives, sounds amazing too.

Alex
If it ticks over...leave it

TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TanZuk » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:30 am

donkeychomp wrote:YES! Well done Terry!

Still got the Texas plate lol.

Brake lights might need a tweak and wondering why the front seat was different? Dirty jeans?

Love it, so glad she lives, sounds amazing too.

Alex

Hi Alex,

So it seems that you have caught me once again with some things that need fixing. :er:

I will try and address each one for you. : :salute:

Texas Plate: will always be on when there is any pics being taken for privacy. :tongue:

Tail lights: probably would work properly but the wiring harness has not been hooked up yet. Not sure if I want to use the stock harness or something else. :thumbup:

Important Build Note: :shock:
It is also a good idea to only hook up the bare minimum for shake down tests. Hooking things up one at a time to keep problems to a minimum is something you learn after many builds. Really don't want to rush things at this point and have a melt down. This is why I always start a motor on a stand before putting it in the vehicle.

Shabby front seat: It was a temporary fix until the interior is finished. There will need to be some new brackets made up for the suspension seats that were purchased. The other seat was just so I could take a few buddies for a spin. It was also much better then the sand bags that I was sitting in the 1st trip. LOL

Dirty jeans: Those are my work cloths and I had just finished up for the day. Really didn’t think anything of it since I was just trying to share the progress on the Rig.

The unfortunate part of building:
Seems I get really dirty all the time and get hurt part of the time. That doesn't leave a lot of time to get thihgs done. LOL

Sorry for not meeting your expectations in the video. I will probably not do any better with future videos either. Just trying to get the Rig done and share the experiences.

The ZukiKrawler site goes into more detail about the video before issues and after issues if you feel like you would like more info.

Thanks as always

Terry

BTW There were a few more things you happened to miss,
windscreen was not installed
dash was not installed
inner widow handle cranks
glove box
no gauges
battery not clamped down
The more I think about it I have a long way to go yet :slap:

Anton

Post by Anton » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:24 am

Brilliant.

2 things though - you talk about your zuk being "finished". The thing is, I genuinely believe that people like us are never finished. We get to a stage where all of our plans are completed, but there's always one more thing to upgrade or tweak - it's a never ending process.

I think that, subconsciously, we love our trucks so much that we can't bear to *actually* stop upgrading them.

The other point - don't apologise to anyone for the state your truck is in! It's awesome, we love it, and endofstory.

;)
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Exactly..no apologies, please.

You've managed to build what most of us can only fantasise about, hat's off matey!

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Just finished reading the build on Zukikrawlers...

Quote 'I thought about re badging it as a Scorpion (OZ import) to avoid answering too many questions.'

Laughed so hard I spilt my pint!