Zuk on 38's

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Zuk on 38's

Post by TanZuk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:41 pm

donkeychomp wrote:Terry welcome back matey! Wondered what had become of you.

Love the work, as usual all top notch stuff.

Alex

ps interesting tag for a FLA anus!

Thanks Alex,

Was going to wait till I had a video of it moving on it's own power. Had somw free time today and decided to do some postings over here. Didn't want to leave you guys wondering if I was still at it.

Alex you are the 1st one to bust me on the Texas plate. Good eye, you are definately looking at the pics closely.

That plate came with the DD when I bought it. Thought I would use it for mockup so it didn't needed to be whited out if it were mine.

Take Care Terry

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Quite a comprehensive update Terry :doublethumbs:

I really like how the rear bumper came out, it's definitely paid off using the CAD mock ups as the final design with the smaller lights looks a lot better I think :thumbup:

Keep up the good work, the finish line is closing in :hands:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TanZuk » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:20 pm

ScottieJ wrote:Quite a comprehensive update Terry :doublethumbs:

I really like how the rear bumper came out, it's definitely paid off using the CAD mock ups as the final design with the smaller lights looks a lot better I think :thumbup:

Keep up the good work, the finish line is closing in :hands:

Thanks Scott for checking in. That bumper design had me going, believe that I made 4 changes before I was finally happy.

I know everyone likes to kid me about my cardboard mock ups. Never have used CAD.

Thats is what I generally use and once in a while some wood. Just to keep the cost down and there is more flexablity if there is a change. I also use Microsoft paint on the mock up pics as well to fine tune things.

Take Care Terry

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Cardboard Aided Design :lol: the best kind of CAD! I often use cardboard for mock up, it does help with awkward shapes and to visualise what you are making.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here

Post by donkeychomp » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Any more news on the build? I (along side many many people) would love to see the finished article!
If it ticks over...leave it

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:43 pm

donkeychomp wrote:Any more news on the build? I (along side many many people) would love to see the finished article!
Terry has been making some good progress, just not had the time to transfer all the posts over from zukikrawlers I would imagine. Gotta say it's looking awesome and the standard of workmanship hasn't dropped at all! :doublethumbs:

Here's a link ;)
http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread. ... 42&page=16
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TanZuk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks Scott for filling in for me :doublethumbs: and thanks donkeychomp for letting me know there is still some interest in the build. :shock:

Have had a bit of a set back for the last couple of weeks. :argh: Decided to go through the front axle that I had a shop build for me. Good thing I did because it was a real mess and the housing was bent on the long side as well.

Got a replacement front axle assembly delivered last Thursday. :rockin: Stripped it down and the housing is straight and in good shape for its age. Spent the weekend stripping the paint and surface rust off. Cross hatched sanded the balls with 180 paper and a rubber hose to get rid of the light pitting. Working on making up the ball gussets and placed the order this afternoon for the replacement parts that are needed to rebuild it.

Don’t know if I mentioned it or not, there was a drive up and down the street dead line for xmas. :popcorn: The new axle will not be done in time. To try and still make the dead line I will remove the inner axle from the long side of the front axle. This will allow me to get it up and down the street anyway. Getting close to doing this just need to change and add some fluids. Making triple sure everything is tight for the short trip and see how things go.

I do have quite a few updates on the other site that Scott had mentioned, I will try and get them over here for you to take a look at.

Thanks for the interest
Terry

Rhinoman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Rhinoman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:05 pm

TanZuk wrote:Thanks Scott for filling in for me :doublethumbs: and thanks donkeychomp for letting me know there is still some interest in the build. :shock:
Terry

20134 views so far - that's a lot of interest :thumbup:
2006 Jimny JLX+ 1.3 VVT
2000 Vitara 4u2 - Calmini 3+3, 33" MTs, 5:83 R&Ps, winch bumper, remapped ECU.
1986 Suzuki SJ413K - G16 conversion
1984 Suzuki SJ410 - Blitz

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:44 pm

I checked Scottie's link. Faultless work as always. If I win the lottery would you sell it?

Just kidding I never do the lottery!

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Joined Zukikrawlers to see the build, dammit the site won't let me say anything. Glad to hear you got her moving, even if it was in 1st and 2nd only!