Cheap Winches

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
b3n16
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Cheap Winches

Post by b3n16 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:01 pm

now im no expert but i have also been doing some research, and i also buy the magazine (total off road), i noticed that in the back the is a whole page advertising superwinch and goldwinch all sizes and powers and different ropes and bits, there is one deal in there which is a 6000lbs with the remote and all the fancy bits and steel rope all in for about £360, dont no if im any help at all but im debating.

Turb()
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Turb() » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Does anyone sell a starter pack? Like winch, ground anchor and all the basic accessories to start you off?

chrisj410
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by chrisj410 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:18 pm

goodwinch and a few other firms sell kits with all the basic winching neccecities in them,(but really all I'd have are tree strops, bow shackles, a bridel and a snatch block) I've used a few winches and my mates tds' were are awesome, but the champion and there's a bloke on ebay selling winchmax's they are the orange ones, was well impressed with them. My mates had his winchmax on his 90 for 2 years never serviced it, it can be a tad slow but hasn't missed a beat

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm looking at getting a Champion C9500 short drum winch...

Click Here for Ebay Listing

They're only £354 and because they have less drum and cable on them they are

A cheaper
B lighter

Now I always maintain that SJs should stay as light as possible... after all thats why they are so capable in the first place!

For example, if you go for a diesel engine and a big heavy winch... the diesel may give you more power to make up for it, but you still can't get the nimbleness of the SJ back!

Also, if I change my mind and go crazy, I could get a bigger winch for the front, and the SD would be perfect to go in the back of the zook
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."