Ed's wagon

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Ed's wagon

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 pm

I think you need to save up for a small mig welder :mrgreen: looking good so far matey!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 pm

ferris wrote:Good work Ed, keep it up. And congratulations on passing your theory :doit: :doit: . Bet you cant wait to get it on the road now. Have you booked your practical test yet?
I've not booked the practical. I'm not ready for it yet. I still need prompting ocasionally to remember some things, like looking through rear window while doing a three point turn and I sometimes forget indicators. Idiot stuff, I know.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:07 pm

don't worry you'll get yer head round that no problem 8-) , i kept leaving my indicators on during my intensive motor bike training....3 days of being told..."indicators been on for a while again chris!"....it sunk in on 4th day(test day) :P

and i failed my car first test horribly....2majors and 17minors(if yer guna do somethin...do it properly :lol: :P :lol: ).
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

Russ24
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Russ24 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:58 pm

4eye wrote:don't worry you'll get yer head round that no problem 8-) , i kept leaving my indicators on during my intensive motor bike training....3 days of being told..."indicators been on for a while again chris!"....it sunk in on 4th day(test day) :P

and i failed my car first test horribly....2majors and 17minors(if yer guna do somethin...do it properly :lol: :P :lol: ).
i failed my bike test twice.... nothing major just too many minors.

when it came to my car test... ONE minor...... maybe becuase i had spent 5 years on a bike by then :s

dont worry ed.. things soon sink in...

your at that point were you arnt developing any bad habits.. that happens a few months after you pass :p
:russ:

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:02 pm

I passed my tractor test when i was 16

My theory on my birthday, then my test 4 weeks later with 1 minor.

After that i passed my trailer test with 4 minors :twisted:

But then i have been on tractors since i was 8, and driving them on the road since 16 :lol:

Keep up the good work mate!

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:34 pm

:P Thanks for all the encouragement peeps.

Just you wait 'til I'm on the road and pestering you lot :twisted:

The right way,
The wrong way

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:48 pm

Something I also forgot to mention. I want high back seats from a later SJ because they have head rests, which can save your spine in a crash, especially a rear end shunt. I'm going to keep the old seats of course, but at the moment I'd like high-backs while the zook's my only car, more so if I've got passengers because then they're also in the hands of me and LBG.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-Sj-Front-S ... arParts_SM
Something like these, but preferably matching my black/light-grey door-cards and trim

As for the 5-speed gearbox, I know that it's beed said repeatedly that it's not necessary, and even though I've not driven it much myself, you can tell by sound that above 50mph you're looking for another gear. Again, I'll keep the old one in storage for when resto-time comes or an emergency arises.

The right way,
The wrong way

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Edweird wrote:Something I also forgot to mention. I want high back seats from a later SJ because they have head rests, which can save your spine in a crash, especially a rear end shunt. I'm going to keep the old seats of course, but at the moment I'd like high-backs while the zook's my only car, more so if I've got passengers because then they're also in the hands of me and LBG.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-Sj-Front-S ... arParts_SM
Something like these, but preferably matching my black/light-grey door-cards and trim

As for the 5-speed gearbox, I know that it's beed said repeatedly that it's not necessary, and even though I've not driven it much myself, you can tell by sound that above 50mph you're looking for another gear. Again, I'll keep the old one in storage for when resto-time comes or an emergency arises.
Your right 'safty first' as i'm always told! don't get rid of the old ones though, that way when you sell it to me I can put them back in.... and on another thought those seats would look pretty darn good in a bedroom!

As for the 5 speed, I'm sure we won't be able to talk it out of you if your dead set, but I wouldn't bother, for me I was going to keep my sammy standard then I ended up altering things as I went along, now I have a rocklobster t box and 235 tyres, I struggle above 50mph and when i go on the motorway its life and death, the lorry's usually end up over taking me! but I wouldn't go back the standard. Also i have to say my friends 410 with with standard road wheels is faster than mine, I used to get about in mine fine I really don't think you will find much improvement with the 5 speed and i'd certainly say no increase in top speed!

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:29 pm

And dont forget you have got to stop it...

I tried to gt mine to stop when i maxed out at about 55 (again with rocklobster).... its scary how poor the breaks are!

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 am

I like going on the motorway, even getting overtaken by the lorries!
When you're behind them in the slipstream they fully drag you along behind :lol:
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."