FILL TO THE TOP sj413

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: FILL TO THE TOP sj413

Post by ROBBIE » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:13 pm

ScottieJ wrote:
ROBBIE wrote:Buy a disco, lift the boot carpet and the floor will have rotted all the way round and so lift and there is the tank simples :mrgreen:
You say that the earlier range rovers had an access panel for the in tank fuel pump..later ones and disco's don't so on my friends we cut out a hole in the floor and made a removable panel :lol:
The disco I had, disco 1, did have the removable panel. But before it was mine i did have to put the floor in as it was removable, but now thinking about it Im sure the floor I put in didnt have the panel
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Martin86
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Martin86 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:46 pm

Get your Hole Saw out :guns:

Dangerousderik
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Dangerousderik » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:30 am

Hi Jim,
I had the same problem with my Sj after I had taken the tank out to inspect it for a fueling issue. It would be all over the place most of the time and occasionally read what I thought was correct, so I dropped the tank again, had a wiggle of the wire and some WD but still nothing.

The cure for me in the end was an earth strap from the tank to the body, instant success. I got my mate to touch the new earth strap on and off the body and the fuel gauge would rise and fall.

If you have a bit of wire kicking about it might be worth a try.
Derik