Bits and bobs - rear fog light wiring, horn etc.

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
gsommo
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Bits and bobs - rear fog light wiring, horn etc.

Post by gsommo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:26 pm

I guess my first issue is where is the horn button on an 1987 sj413 jx? I literally have no idea. I think I need one for the MOT so its one of those things that I just needd to fix.

I tried to wire up a rear fog today, the fog light is existing on the car however the wires have been chopped which is annoying. The switch has also been chopped however I found 3 wires behind the switch that matched up to the cut wires on the switch so I wired them back up and the light on the switch seemed to work ok, however I still dont know which wires at the rear of the car to attach the lights too. Can someone help.

Another sort of issue that I have is with my headlights. When the key is not in I can turn the lights on and they come on properly and when I try and switch them off at the stalk again they just stay on until I pull the lever towards me, why would this be happening? I am also not sure whether or not my full beams are working properly as I was looking at the bulbs while changing the light stalk and it seemed like different parts of the bulb where lighting up but that the bulb did not seem to get any brighter when it was full beam, again does anyone know what might be happening here.

Is reverese light a requirement for MOT (I know rear fog is but am not sure about reversse light)

I am really new to electrics on cars so dont really know quite what I am doing but can learn real quick so if anyone has any thoughts then please let me know as this is something that I would like to solve before MOT test.

thanks all

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Bits and bobs - rear fog light wiring, horn etc.

Post by Tramp » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 pm

sounds like you have a real head ache there!

the horn button on my sammy is on the left stalk on the very end and depres's towards the center,

for the other problems I think you will need a multimeter and some patience!

Luke

Russ24
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Russ24 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:48 pm

Tramp wrote:sounds like you have a real head ache there!

the horn button on my sammy is on the left stalk on the very end and depres's towards the center,

for the other problems I think you will need a multimeter and some patience!

Luke

i have an SJ413 89/90 and a santana.... 89/90

the horn on the SJ is the middle of steering wheel.

the santana is the button on the end of the left stalk....

maybe different again.... but thought i would share that.

Russ.
:russ:

gsommo
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by gsommo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 pm

hi guys, horn is def not in middle of horn as its a hollow void where the bolt to hold the steering wheel is.

The left stalk does push in a tiny bit, but literally half a mm. so from this I thought that there is no way it was the horn, but it must be really as there is no other place that it can be. I think what I will do is take the horn off and see if it is full of crap etc.

thanks for your help with that lads