Hello from a Scandi

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
themac
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Hello from a Scandi

Post by themac » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Hello!

While I don't live in the UK anymore (Lived in London for a year and then met a girl from Somerset and stayed there for two more) I do have a zook! Got it this summer for cheap to play around with and I fell in love.

It's a 86 SJ413JX Soft Top.

I never been a guy who even changed tires himself but this little girl got me really interrested in the works of it and I am looking forwards to learn from you guys. Be prepared for stupid questions!

The :suzuki: Hasn't had any work done to it at all. It's been stored outside for the last ten years when I bought her. Just charged the battery, checked the oil-levels and waterlevel and drove her home. Fantastic. Now I got a new soft top and new tires for her and she is parked outside since the fan-belt broke the other day. Gonna put some new oil on the gearbox and diffs paycheck comes and then I have even more ideas for the paycheck after that! I am blessed with that they don't put salt on the roads here so she is pretty much rust free after I went her over when I got her home.
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg (205.17 KiB) Viewed 7246 times
Yeah, how I heard about this forum, lol, on CB radio :mrgreen: SSB channel 24 I was chatting with a lad in Newcastle and he said I should look here for tips.
1986 Suzuki SJ413JX
1987 Suzuki Swift GLX
1973 SAAB Sonett Mk3
1996 SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo
1975 Puch Dakota 70cc aka. The Angry Wasp
2007 Deutz-Fahr Tractor, my comfiest ride

Cyprus Geoff
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Hello from a Scandi

Post by Cyprus Geoff » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:49 pm

NICE find - welcome to the forum.

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:11 pm

:welcome: to the club
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:32 pm

:welcome: to the club :thumbup:
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Welcome to SCUK.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Ladaman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:21 pm

:welcome: to the club.

You're going to have lots of fun learning new skills. :thumbup:
YouTube
Ignis Sport 1.5 16V; Jimny gearbox, 410 transfer box; 5.125:1 Vitara diffs; rear Lockright, Rob Storr full float rear axle, rear discs, YJ springs, virtual lift, 31" Grizzly Claws, beadlock rims, +50mm LR arches, LED rear lights, LED roof spots, bucket seats, Luke harnesses, internal cage

1066 Boy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by 1066 Boy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:23 pm

:welcome: to the club mate.
I Know how to work it. Not, how it works...............
believe me, there is a difference!!!

Anton

Post by Anton » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:15 pm

Nice! Welcome! What mods do you have planned?
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

themac
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by themac » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:59 pm

I'm gonna get her in good shape first, new leafsprings och shock-absorbers, winch, don't think I'll worry about the ride height for the time being though, I want a bullbar in the front for the looks. I want her as a daily driver, but I dont have many roads around here.

I've been looking at some indian-made leafspring package that's quite cheap. I have read about them breaking but only if you SPOA, wich I don't intend to. If (when) I want to put "30+ tyres on her I'll go with something like an Iron Man lift-kit I guess.

Now after reading up on this forum I am getting ideas though :)

Tired of getting stuck with my that you see in the background there and I might get a difflock-solution if I find a cheap and good one.

I have a list of things I MUST do. Of course, new belt coming in tomorrow, new battery and an extra one, change the seals around the engine, the header is leaking exhaust, new air filter, oilfilter, blah, blah, I got a busy winter in the garage infront of me :D

Don't have much of a budget to brag about, working man with kids and expensive hobbies. Gotta take it one piece at a time.

Looking forwards to it though. Next summer I'll have her all fixed up! :) This seems like a great place when I get stuck! Allready picked up some great info on the electricity. Gonna read up more on the generator. I have one from a Mazda 323 that looks like it would fit after some angle-grinding modification.
1986 Suzuki SJ413JX
1987 Suzuki Swift GLX
1973 SAAB Sonett Mk3
1996 SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo
1975 Puch Dakota 70cc aka. The Angry Wasp
2007 Deutz-Fahr Tractor, my comfiest ride

Anton

Post by Anton » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:23 am

Sounds good! With regards to lifting, good that you're not going SPOA. But before you think about lift springs, read http://forum.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/vi ... =10&t=8046 that. You may not need to buy anything at all!
themac wrote:Allready picked up some great info on the electricity. Gonna read up more on the generator. I have one from a Mazda 323 that looks like it would fit after some angle-grinding modification.
Do you mean the alternator?
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map