Jordis 1988 Samurai (Re)Build

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Jordi's 1988 Samurai Build

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:40 am

That's an area I've repaired on at least 4sjs :lol: as said earlier I just lift the body 6" off the chassis and so I have space to clean it all up and weld it.

I wouldn't go through the effort of making complete new floorpans for a little bit of rust, I would just cut out the rust back to good metal and butt weld repair patches in.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Gonna pressure wash it inside and out after tomorrow. Wire brush it all up and assess the situation.

I know it's a common spot to rust through, just a pain as it needs lifting off the chassis a bit.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

dazerede
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by dazerede » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Don't forget the pics :)
Suzuki Sj 410 Jap Built
Recaro Seats Fitted
Landini Blue Colour
Full rollcage and winch bumper
1.6 8v vitara lump with su carb
4” calmini lift kit :)
235/75/15 insa turbo special tracks
99.9% Rust Free
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:40 pm

dazerede wrote:Don't forget the pics :)
Will do Dazerede. Looking forward to it as it's a new site to me. Just been out and put the plastic arches back on to hide the gaping hole in the drivers side rear arch.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Well I'm off to look at a truck cab / tray back body tomorrow. It's doesn't look perfect in the pics, but how many rot free SJ bodys even exist? I'm hoping it will be repairable, will require some adjustment to fit over my tyres anyway and mount my exhaust.

I don't even think mine is worth attempting to repair, everywhere you prod is rusty or rotten. Amazed I haven't fallen through the floor yet. Everytime I pressure wash it more and more day light comes through my foot well.

The plan is to repair it and swap the bodies over in time for the next Mot, in July, sounds like a long time but when you struggle to spare one day a week time soon passes.

Also off to Andys tomorrow to collect my swag.

-Waffle boards, Rock bucket and rear disc conversion he's been keeping safe for me
-Some 4.8 samurai diffs and a funky steering wheel and boss.

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Jordi wrote:Well I'm off to look at a truck cab / tray back body tomorrow. It's doesn't look perfect in the pics, but how many rot free SJ bodys even exist? I'm hoping it will be repairable, will require some adjustment to fit over my tyres anyway and mount my exhaust.

I don't even think mine is worth attempting to repair, everywhere you prod is rusty or rotten. Amazed I haven't fallen through the floor yet. Everytime I pressure wash it more and more day light comes through my foot well.

The plan is to repair it and swap the bodies over in time for the next Mot, in July, sounds like a long time but when you struggle to spare one day a week time soon passes.

Also off to Andys tomorrow to collect my swag.

-Waffle boards, Rock bucket and rear disc conversion he's been keeping safe for me
-Some 4.8 samurai diffs and a funky steering wheel and boss.

Pfft youll probably leave with more than that :hahaha:
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here

Post by donkeychomp » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:01 pm

I came for a door

Left with more....
If it ticks over...leave it

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:15 am

Already taking a three and a half pickup, maybe I should bring the trailer too just in case?

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Not gonna say it was 470 wasted miles but could have been better. Still after a body.

Or maybe utilise the KJA?

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Body off. Stick it on its side. 20 strongbows. Lick of paint
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.