My Vitara - work in progress

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Hodgie812
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: My Vitara - work in progress

Post by Hodgie812 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:04 pm

:welcome: Cracking motor mate, I'm going to have to join your forum to see your full build. Really keen on doing a twin transfer box or something on our vit to get a nice low speed crawler gear.

Might be interested in your front suspension/diff set up if your selling it when you come round to doing an axle conversion. :brows:

Jamie.
Built with ebay!!!

Vitara brown
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Vitara brown » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 pm

I want this vitara it's a propper sleeper doesn't look over done it's the bollox

Craven
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Craven » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks

When I start the front axle I will be selling the the steel diff, modified arms, shogun shafts, stubby shaft and drop brackets - which by the way I do sell some of these bits on eBay too plug plug Vitmods on eBay I me!

Yeah have a look on the Yorkshire Suzuki site, good set of lads and I couldn't of done my vitara without them.

The twin box is by far the best mod I've done on the vitara, takes a bit of time to do but it's quite straight forward really, as long as you can weld you are sorted. Any help I can be just let me know

Hodgie812
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Hodgie812 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:09 pm

Yeh got myself on Yorkshire now. Plenty of bit stuff on there, and you're all a bit closer to me so once the anus is legal we might try and get down for some green laning.

I've been reading up on all the thoughts behind twin boxes etc. Im thinking of you going down the line of a x90 transmission mated to a rock lobster. Looks less hassle to do it that way.

By the way how are you getting on with your rock sliders, and have you got a picture of how you fixed them to the chassis?

Cheers Jamie.
Built with ebay!!!

Craven
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Craven » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:17 pm

Think I've just said hello to you on Yorkshire Suzuki!

It's not as hard as you think, if you want to come have a look at mine you are welcome to nip over.

If you look on my build in the members truck you will see how I made mine, they are welded straight to the chassis, work fine and I've had the up quite a few trees and rocks.

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by donkeychomp » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Fantastic Vitara! Wish I could throw more dosh at mine, but slowly does it...
If it ticks over...leave it

Craven
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Craven » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:40 am

Thanks, I've been lucking with picking bits up cheap mainly from the lads on the Yorkshire Suzuki site, if time was money then I've spent million on it!

Vitara brown
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Vitara brown » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Mate this is sick I want so bad in this set up its real sleeper not to in your face but it's the bollox ps I would buy this tomo. Lol

Hodgie812
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Hodgie812 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Craven wrote:Think I've just said hello to you on Yorkshire Suzuki!

It's not as hard as you think, if you want to come have a look at mine you are welcome to nip over.

If you look on my build in the members truck you will see how I made mine, they are welded straight to the chassis, work fine and I've had the up quite a few trees and rocks.

:hahaha: there was a time when popping over wouldn't have been a proble. I used to the based in Thirsk and Ripon, back up on the real north now so its a fair trek from Glasgow.
I was thinking about welding 12mm square plates to the chassis rails with 4 bolt holes in so the rock sliders could be bolted to them. Then I thought its alot of work just weld them on, thanks for confirming that!!! :doublethumbs:
Built with ebay!!!

Craven
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Craven » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:02 am

Vitara brown wrote:Mate this is sick I want so bad in this set up its real sleeper not to in your face but it's the bollox ps I would buy this tomo. Lol
Lol I will let you know if I ever sell it but that int going to happen, I'll never sell my little toy.

Hodgie812 - yep that is a bit far to mate, would take me 4 days to travel that far in my vitara! Had no problems with them welded straight to the chassis