Jordis 1988 Samurai (Re)Build

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
OllieSJ

Re: Jordi's 1988 Samurai Build

Post by OllieSJ » Wed May 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Paint at last :D aso if u need the inner bit i will have one soon when i take one off my sj i can post it for you.
Sj410Q- Spacers, Bucket seats, Su carb , Mot and Tax

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed May 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Cheers Ollie, think i'm just gonna make an inner arch as i can usually get car panel steel for free.

We have paint! No sold on the rollering but it is quicker, easier and less mess than spraying.
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 4069 times
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Wed May 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Jordi wrote:Cheers Ollie, think i'm just gonna make an inner arch as i can usually get car panel steel for free.

We have paint! No sold on the rollering but it is quicker, easier and less mess than spraying.
image.jpg
Just brush it on nice and thick!

You're coming to Wiltshire remember!
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

ROBBIE

Post by ROBBIE » Wed May 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Jordi it will be all yellow :shock: :hahaha:
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

OllieSJ

Post by OllieSJ » Wed May 29, 2013 3:52 pm

love it need a pic of it all the truck or a little youtube with it running want to see the truck now its ALL painted
Sj410Q- Spacers, Bucket seats, Su carb , Mot and Tax

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Wed May 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Yay yellow! Stick a landrover badge on it and it will a disco like mine :P
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed May 29, 2013 8:17 pm

I thought about a different colour but everyone knows it as yellow. So yellow it is.

New engine mounts arrived today and fitted. I dont know if i've done something wrong but....

Swapped all engine mounts over, the cast parts that bolt to the engine too. Passenger side is all bang on, lins up and bolts together nicely. The drivers side required one of the holes on the cast elongating to match the block and when the engine was sat in the right place he sammi mount was too small and would've needed a spacer to fit, the original spacer was far too big though. Fitted a Vit mount and its almost right, engine cambers slightly to the passenger side. Its only very slight so it should be fine.

Good news is, because the engine now sits slightly lower the exhaust fits!!!!

So tomorrow plumb it all back up, fit new gear box mount and that little bolt, gear lever back in and paint some more of it.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Wed May 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Yeah the lean is fine to the passenger side my lump does it! and if you think its bad remember what the 410s look like!
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed May 29, 2013 8:42 pm

410s were supposed to camber though Tom.

I need to get it all together and drive it to make sure everything is ok. All the mounts and gear box and prop line up ok.

I haven't fired it up since i go the exhaust to fit either, i'm desperate to hear it. Spent most of today rubbing down and grinding the drivers wing. I've also given the bulkhead a coat of hammerite where the wing mounts whilst its off.

If i get my finger out i can have it road worth by tomorrow night.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed May 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Another important job off todays list. I finally changed the master cylinder reservoir seals. Been meaning to that almost as long as i've been meaning to rebuild the front calipers.