Power steering pipes and pressure.

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Power steering pipes and pressure.

Post by turbo-tom » Mon May 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Jordi wrote:It all goes wrong and i lose my PAS fluid. I can't imagine the screw in copper fittings to be any weaker than the original fittings.
Exactly and lets say you could probably make anything stronger then suzuki standard fittings!
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon May 27, 2013 11:39 pm

turbo-tom wrote:
Jordi wrote:It all goes wrong and i lose my PAS fluid. I can't imagine the screw in copper fittings to be any weaker than the original fittings.
Exactly and lets say you could probably make anything stronger then suzuki standard fittings!
I hope so. If its not stronger than original i am royally screwed. Everything i've done has been done the tried and tested way though. So far anyway. My home made PAS pipe may be a first on here.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Mon May 27, 2013 11:40 pm

:hahaha: nothing beats a bit of redneck fab!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon May 27, 2013 11:41 pm

How do you think i made the rad fit? Grinder, welder, drill!
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Mon May 27, 2013 11:43 pm

:hahaha: you mist the big f*cking hammer! ;)

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon May 27, 2013 11:44 pm

If you have the vitara high pressure line then that's all you need, there's one point that it comes apart (in my 1st picture) then you just cut it down to length, re-flare it and bolt it back together ;)
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon May 27, 2013 11:46 pm

That was for adjusting the steering column. Rad was surprisingly easy to do. Finish it tomorrow and get the alternator in then i can fill it with coolant and fire her up!

I'll see if i can get a vit line tomorrow Scott, all of mine are Jimny bits and i cant see a joint anywhere. I don't want to try bending anything in case it snaps.