Buying offset wheels

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Buying offset wheels

Post by felstmiester » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:43 pm

I wanna get some rhino rays offset wheels. I have loads of standard sets so exchange not a problem and price of £35 a wheel is reasonable but by the time I've paid to courier my wheels there and paid for delivery of new wheels its gonna work out pretty dear. Anyone ordered a set ?
1.5 ISUZU TD ENGINE. EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE. CUSTOM MADE FRONT & REAR BUMPERS. SAMMY AXLES. RASCAL REARS. RUF. WRX SEATS. FRONT & REAR WINCHES. SNORKEL. FRONT SPOTS & REAR FLOODS. TWIN BATTERIES. FULL WADING KIT. 8.5" WHEELS WITH GRIZZLY CLAWS. OH!!!! AND THE WIFE'S ROASTING TIN!!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: Buying offset wheels

Post by Jordi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Where you located again? Sounds pretty expensive to me.

You give rockwatt a set or inners he'll get new rims weld em' up for £40 a rim.

What kinda size you want? And how much off set?
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by felstmiester » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm in hertfordshire around 10 mins drive from stanstead airport. I just want 15's with a decent offset over standard. The rims I have have a reasonable offset already but they was chrome and I sprayed em black now all the paints flaking off.
1.5 ISUZU TD ENGINE. EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE. CUSTOM MADE FRONT & REAR BUMPERS. SAMMY AXLES. RASCAL REARS. RUF. WRX SEATS. FRONT & REAR WINCHES. SNORKEL. FRONT SPOTS & REAR FLOODS. TWIN BATTERIES. FULL WADING KIT. 8.5" WHEELS WITH GRIZZLY CLAWS. OH!!!! AND THE WIFE'S ROASTING TIN!!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:47 pm

15x5.5s or wider?

Thought about reversing them your self?

If all you want is rims reversing properly its £24 shipping each way for 4 rims in two packages. So £48 round trip from them. If you cut the centres out i'm sure richard said it was £10ea to weld them back up. So £88 all in.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Alternatively any good machine shop near by should be able to weld them up "true".

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:21 pm

felstmiester wrote:I'm in hertfordshire around 10 mins drive from stanstead airport. I just want 15's with a decent offset over standard. The rims I have have a reasonable offset already but they was chrome and I sprayed em black now all the paints flaking off.

What rims have you currently got style wise?

I have some 15 x 7 jj I believe they were jimny chrome modular steel options. I had them sand blasted and primed.
They are a -7 offset so sit out roughly 30 mm to standard. Id be happy to part with them if you're interested.
Only over Luton way too. :doublethumbs:
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:49 pm

http://forum.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/vi ... =23&t=5692 these ones to be exact.

I paid 50 for rims and had them blasted and primed for £60

If you like them id take £50 for them. I dont think I need a whole set of spare wheels :doublethumbs:

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by felstmiester » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 pm

andyrew wrote:
felstmiester wrote:I'm in hertfordshire around 10 mins drive from stanstead airport. I just want 15's with a decent offset over standard. The rims I have have a reasonable offset already but they was chrome and I sprayed em black now all the paints flaking off.

What rims have you currently got style wise?

I have some 15 x 7 jj I believe they were jimny chrome modular steel options. I had them sand blasted and primed.
They are a -7 offset so sit out roughly 30 mm to standard. Id be happy to part with them if you're interested.
Only over Luton way too. :doublethumbs:
Are they like these ? 321115891275 ebay

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by felstmiester » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Jordi. The ones I've got on now are 8.5 wide but I'm not bothered about going narrower as my tyres will be fine.

I could reverse a set myself but I'm so busy at work at the moment I just don't have much time to get down my yard and do a lot anymore. If I was to do em myself whats the max offset you can get by reversing a standard wheel ? Wouldn't wanna weld the center right up the back of the rim to find its gonna put so much strain on them it's gonna snap em. I'm not bothered about the extra wear on the bearings either.

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Theres a picy of them on my sami . Its the link in my last post

As far as I know they was a option for jimnys? They did have the fake plastic rivets like
Most of suzukis other chrome rims.