New member from Dorset.. Hello

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: New member from Dorset.. Hello

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:03 pm

:welcome: to :suzuki: club UK

Nice SJ, sounds like its got ain interesting roof! would be cool to see some pics of it!

One thing I noticed, are you still using the standard steeing set up with spoa? or is there a drop pitman arm on there? it might benefit you to run a hi-steer set up as it might improve the 'wandering' issue

also worth checking the caster angle on the front is correct as well, easiest way to do this is to put an angle finder on the prop flange face and chaeck that it's at 10 degrees.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:05 pm

:welcome: to the club.

Tidy looking Zuk.

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

RIKK
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by RIKK » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:58 pm

ScottieJ wrote::welcome: to :suzuki: club UK

Nice SJ, sounds like its got ain interesting roof! would be cool to see some pics of it!

One thing I noticed, are you still using the standard steeing set up with spoa? or is there a drop pitman arm on there? it might benefit you to run a hi-steer set up as it might improve the 'wandering' issue

also worth checking the caster angle on the front is correct as well, easiest way to do this is to put an angle finder on the prop flange face and chaeck that it's at 10 degrees.
Cheers for the welcome and input ScottieJ, will check the prop angle next time I get under it and as for the drop pinman arm, I thinks its probably standard as before I added the extra leafs the zbar was Dangerously close to the underside of the leafspring! so will look into it cheers.
Roof is a constant pain in the neck leaks a lot round the edges and had to silicon it in despite having good seals and no obvious leak points, so can't remove it anymore as it rains more than it shines but still looks good.

Photo of my leaky roof added and Cheers Jordi
Im on the hunt for Door mirrors as I have one smashed on passanger side and both on my cut down doors, anyone know where I can get some new ones?

Thanks Rikk
Attachments
DSC_0026 (3)a.jpg
DSC_0026 (3)a.jpg (179.88 KiB) Viewed 3982 times
If only everything...

OllieSJ

Post by OllieSJ » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:10 pm

A man called Mike harris in the breakers section he has everything !
Sj410Q- Spacers, Bucket seats, Su carb , Mot and Tax

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Ahhh I see now that your running a Z link, was a bit of an optical illusion in the picture that you were running a straight steering link but I jus realised its the N/S leaf spring that's perfectly in line with it :oops: :lol:
Either way a high-steer set up is a good improvement over a Z-link

That roof looks pretty cool but leaky roofs do get boring after a while!

I've got a passenger side mirror but it was painted white and its all flaking off. don't want much as its been sat around for years!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Nice roof.

Every member from around the plain is another reason for the big Salisbury plain meet up I feel coming on.
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

RIKK
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by RIKK » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Cheers OllieSJ

Hello Dan, did a mod site at the plains in Tidworth (where clarkson faced off the challenger) sept last year in the SJ on a LR organized pay n play day, sorry to admit, but was an epic day out (mates a member) and wasn't the only suzuki there
Also my SJ snuck into a picture of the p&p day in LR monthly oopps, is that a bannerble offence at scuk? haha

ScottieJ Cheers will look into a hi-steer setup anything that would improve the wandering issues got to be a good thing, cheers for the offer of the mirror but could do with a few more as its always a good thing to have some back ups

Cheers all
Rikk
Attachments
Photo0075a.jpg
Photo0075a.jpg (179.11 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
If only everything...