Engine problem???

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
palmer
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Engine problem???

Post by palmer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Hey guys I now have a 1986 sj 410, engine completely standard the problem is that she starts up fine, it has a manual chock which all works fine and she will run like a dream and then when she has warmed up it then starts running like crap. I have put a new fuel tank on her as there was a crack in the return pipe on the old tank, I have replaced the old fuel line with a new one with a fuel filter on it. I have also changed the dizzy, fuel lift pump, spark plugs, ignition coil and still every time she starts from cold she will run lovely until she is warmed up and then the problems comes back. The only thing is have not tinkered with is the carb as I thought that if that was the problem than it would run crap all the time??? Any help or advice would be great thanks
Palmer :guns:
1.3 engine
Webber carb
Roll cage
Spoa
32 mm wheelspacers
Extended brake lines
31" Bronco Grizzerly Claws

MONSTER ENERGY DISCO KILLER!!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Engine problem???

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:57 pm

If it runs well with the choke out but crap once you take the choke off it might be that it's running a bit lean.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Pugsley
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Engine problem???

Post by Pugsley » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:37 pm

Simplistic I know but have you checked the air filter for blockage and the adjustable vent on the air filter body to ensure that it is set to the appropriate position for the outside air temperature?