justaddmud's kja build (code named MK5)

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: justaddmud's kja build (code named MK5)

Post by Jordi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:10 pm

How did i miss that. I saw the bits all cut on the other page. Fancy something like that on my KJA minus the winch as i don't really intend to off road it.

Cheers
Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Now heres a question. Should my KJA have the normal SJ plastic arches on the front?
image.jpg
image.jpg (121.67 KiB) Viewed 6262 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 6262 times
It doesn't.

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:58 pm

Just for info, mine did have the narrow plastic arches on the front.

Ian
Cheers

Ian. :)

1987 Suzuki SJ413 KJA - Fixed + Modified in my own way

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:00 pm

So theres 2 out of 3 with plastic arches. Where have mine gone? No signs of where they should clip to either.

Jordi

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:00 am

I am pretty sure all SJ's had the rubber arch thing, the samurais had the larger plastic/metal wider arch

may have been due to rust, someone might have taken it off and welded or cleaned up the remains so it dosn't look too bad

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Right, update time, did a bit of work today and snapped a few pictures of various other stuff too

right today i will mostly be doing my Dashboard :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

found a nice guy down in dover that had a couple of spare Sammy dashboards one in black, one in brown (is brown a rare colour for a dashboard)

anyway though i had all i needed to carry on so jumped straight in

this is what I collected

this is where it will be going (already started)

this is the mess under the dashboard

this is one of the other reasons for the change in dashboard, the heater, not been blowing hot at all recently, and when it rains, my feet get dripped on, so opened up the big black bit that collects air and.....

no wonder i kept getting wet, the drain holes were all clogged with muddy silty rubbish,

anyway cleaned that all out, put it back in and havent tested it yet

for those wondering, it wasnt too bad, had to remove the dash bar thing, and the worst thing to remove was the heater pipes in the engine bay

back to the dash, now i used the black dash for 2 reasons, 1 it matches the car and two, it was the colour of the glove box lid i had.

anyway, what i didnt realise was that you really need to get that dash bar when changing a dash, there is a mount on the pass side that is different and the one in the centre is different too so had to modify those mounts, also you need to get the heater control panel and switches as they are different

anyway other than needing some new instrument clusters (jap sammy ones) the end result is what i wanted, radio, CD and room for switches at the top, amazing how much more space you can get in the sammy dash, will be glad i did it when it is finished.

CB Speaker will go up high eventually, leaving all that space open for Stuff :brows:

in other news, i think i might have 1 to many wheels (2 more in the back of the pickup too)

some bits waiting to go on

LWB Vented calipers (new discs under my bed

4 new brake hoses and 2 new shockers from dave at Llama (really knows his stuff)

yes you did read right 4 brake hoses, yet my current setup only has 3 :er:

one word, fiddle :evil:

and also my new rims, Got Depth ?

think they might be too wide for my 235 tyres i have in mind, was told they were 10" ones

and final shot of the day, my dirty back end

had to replace the lights as i destroyed one on a tree and the other one was falling apart, wanted to keep it simple and cheap, so welded a couple of brackets crimped some ends on the old wires and hey presto, left room for a reversing light and my LED foglight all slightly tucked away.

that is it for this weeks installment, I am off to ebay to buy a load of copper brake pipe ends and p-clips

p.s. sorry for the spelling, i really can't be bothered to correct it all today

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Are those brake pipes the right ends? Mine are the female type with the spring clip and a banjo on the caliper. I Should have your rear disc brake bits ready for the end of the week too
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Also I have an early Sami speedo cluster thats the type without a rev counter if you interested ? :doublethumbs:

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:25 pm

Wait. Just spotted you have a rev counter . How posh. I have a nap Sami cluster with rev counter too

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:40 pm

I got the ends changed to the bolt up type, i am renewing all the pipes anyway so thought the better ends would be the wiser choice, making brand new rear mounts for them anyway.

Posh, ohh yes, all the mod cons in this truck, rev counter, bluetooth, ipod control, PAS, no sun visors though (you got any of them?)

I am sure a speedo will pop up, will adapt this one to fit for now, no matter how rubbish it looks at least it is functional