How much lift before i need to do anything to propshaft?

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

How much lift before i need to do anything to propshaft?

Post by Jordi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:11 pm

As it states. So far all the suspension mods have been virtual. Just chopped the rot out and fitted bigger tyres.

But the old springs are done, the bushes are perished, and its time for a change. I'm running standard length rancho shocks, +3" braided hoses.

I'm still only going to run 31's but wanted to give it all a bit of lift.

So how much lift can i give it before i need to change the shocks and extend the props?

Prop spacer are a no no! I will not fit them!

Spoke to Dave at llama, he reckons 1.5". I happy wih that cos it'll lift it about 3" I reckon as the old springs are pretty flat.

Your input please.

Thanks
Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: How much lift before i need to do anything to propshaft?

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:20 pm

If you get some 410 props they are around 1" longer, I've got about 1.5" lift in the suspension (I think) and the transmission is raised 2" and they could probably do with being .5" shorter.

So I'd say around 2.5-3" on stock props or 4ish" lift using 410 props.

:thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: How much lift before i need to do anything to propshaft?

Post by Jordi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Was hoping you'd reply quick. I'm wanting the springs for my xmas hols. Another job to do. I'm going to order a set from Dave. I dont want to go unecessarliy high as im only on 31s on old tired springs. So on new lift springs i could probably fit 33s in.

I'm only going to get 1.5" springs. Just wanted a second opinion that the props would be ok.

Cheers scottie
Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank