old bfg mt

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
adamsj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

old bfg mt

Post by adamsj » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:42 pm

What are the old style bfg mts like.found some fedimas in that pattern in 35s.just wonderd what the like off roading for pay and play days etc

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: old bfg mt

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:55 pm

The old bfgs are ok.

I run maxxis buckshot mudders, same style pattern bit with wider gaps in the tread and they perform a lot better than bfgs.

How much do you have to spend? I would pay the extra for some maxxis buckshots over the Fedima retreads, they'll last 4times as long if not longer!

I'm not a fan of any retreads unless its only a toy and not used on road that much, it's a false economy in my opinion. They might be cheaper to buy but you'll be replacing them sooner.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

adamsj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by adamsj » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:23 pm

I want either 33s or 35s nd I wana spend bout £130/£140 a tyre.not much road use its a 2nd car mostly green laning and pay and play days dont mind about road noise etc.best tyres ive found r 33" fedima vj910

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:31 pm

These you mean?

They look quite good, wouldn't say they are a bfg copy, kinda similar though. Haven't seen anyone in the UK running them yet and they look like a slightly less aggressive version on some interco swamper ltb's and those are an awesome tyre so i would give them a try.

Ltb's

For 220 a tyre you can get maxxis trepadors but 35s are pushing it for the stock halfshafts and CVs
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

adamsj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by adamsj » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Ye there the 1s im thinkin about gettin.but there not the 1 the old bfg 1s I was on about there called fedima f muds or somethin.i think them vjs look realy good,some 1 on here sed his mate had them on a discovery nd they were epic.which is what im puttin them on,havent got my sj ant more but I cnt stand the landy forums lol.there is some realy good tyres out there for more money but I dont wana b spendin daft money