Ed's wagon

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Ed's wagon

Post by Edweird » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:25 pm

ScottieJ wrote:I have an F8 in the shop and if its got a flywheel fitted it'll be the same as the one on the yours, not sure if ill be up there until next weekend now though, well unless I go spend an evening painting?
Okay, thanks Scottie. If you manage to check I'd appreciate it, but don't go out of your way. I'll try giving Parts Man Dan a ring tomorrow at the local Hondazuki dealers tomorrow.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 am

Edweird wrote:
ScottieJ wrote:I have an F8 in the shop and if its got a flywheel fitted it'll be the same as the one on the yours, not sure if ill be up there until next weekend now though, well unless I go spend an evening painting?
Okay, thanks Scottie. If you manage to check I'd appreciate it, but don't go out of your way. I'll try giving Parts Man Dan a ring tomorrow at the local Hondazuki dealers tomorrow.
Go check and do the painting and get it finished :whip2: :whip2: :whip2: :whip2: :whip2:
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Is that for me or Scott? :lol:
Last edited by Edweird on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The right way,
The wrong way

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:26 pm

ooooooh kinky :lol:

chances are I will be going over this week for a bit of painting so I'll have a look! might even head over tonight.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Dad's getting a impatient about having my truck blocking his garage and taking up half of his drive.

Edited: Dad thinks we should buy a 3 piece clutch kit as that has a new bearing, plus it'll mean that it'll be longer before we need to take it all apart again.

Could someone just confirm whether or not there is an early type and later type of flywheel, or are they the same and one has a bearing in it?

The right way,
The wrong way

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Darrell wrote:The pilot bearing is part number 08133-62007
The size is 10mm x 30mm x 9mm
The bearing can be brought from any bearing dealer as a 6200 2rsr (2 rubber seals)
Your have to see if your flywheel can take this bearing first.
The bearing arrived today, and when I went to compare it to my flywheel it won't fit, but I don't think it'll fit between the bolts either. Sure that bearing isn't for a G13 engine? Anyway, regardless, the flywheel hole is 26mm, and dad thinks we should just get a bearing to fit my flywheel instead.

Took my clutch off in preparation for the new one coming; turns out is was worn out and was grinding the bolts. Found my oil leak today too. The rear crank seal on the engine.

So, tomorrow my clutch should arrive with the bearing for the 5 speed. Ordered the spigot bearing for the flywheel and the crank seal.

With a bit of luck it'll be back together for my friends birthday party next Friday.

The right way,
The wrong way

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Really sorry Ed. Yes that bearing is for the 1300 engine. I didn't notice the different number when checking my diagrams. I knew that bearing is correct for the 1300 as I fitted one last year.
With the 26mm info I checked the bearing numbers to find my balls-up and found a 08133-60007 is the correct number. This is a 6000 2rsr (rubber seals) and is 10mm x 26mm x 8mm.
Sorry to you and your Dad for duff info (worse than no info) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Attachments
h_doh0.jpg
h_doh0.jpg (27.05 KiB) Viewed 5756 times
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Darrell wrote:Really sorry Ed. Yes that bearing is for the 1300 engine. I didn't notice the different number when checking my diagrams. I knew that bearing is correct for the 1300 as I fitted one last year.
With the 26mm info I checked the bearing numbers to find my balls-up and found a 08133-60007 is the correct number. This is a 6000 2rsr (rubber seals) and is 10mm x 26mm x 8mm.
Sorry to you and your Dad for duff info (worse than no info) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Don't worry about it Darrell. We got the right bearing ordered now, and it's only a couple of quid.

I've got a bigger problem now anyway. Dad's been measuring up and comparing and he says that the 5 speed has it's mountings in different places and that the output shaft is bigger and won't fit the half-shaft to the T-box. Should have noticed these things on day one really.

I'm in two minds now as to whether to keep trying or to put the old one back and call it quits.

The right way,
The wrong way

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:09 pm

obviously the choice is yours, but i always loved my friend 410 for what it was, 4 speed. Even with that 4 speed it was quicker than my sammy with 31's!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Darn I forgot to mention that the gearbox crossmember might be in a different place, I knew that d'oh! shouldn't be hard to make an adapter though I don't think. How long is your intermediate propshaft ed? I have a few spares.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!