Lazy's samurai build

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Lazy's samurai build

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Thats similar to what I did, just be careful depending on the seats you might hit a big bump and smash your ass on the bar going across :lol: ask me how i know :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:26 pm

lazy rambler wrote:...and cutting back the arches (properly this time)
Nice looking Zuk, but it's spoilt a little by those arches. If it were an offroad only beat, it wouldn't matter, but if you're going to use it on the road - those rear arches in particular look :yuk:

Good build, all the best!

BTW - nice seats!
ScottieJ wrote:Thats similar to what I did, just be careful depending on the seats you might hit a big bump and smash your ass on the bar going across :lol: ask me how i know :lol:
:hahaha: :hahaha: Sorry, Scottie, but that's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. Hope you were ok, though. :hahaha: :hahaha:
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

lazy rambler
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by lazy rambler » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:57 pm

The first seat is now in and fully fitted.

Went for a really simple frame to adapt the stock one to fit,
dan_2k_uk wrote:I just made a frame out of some 30x30x3mm angle for my drivers and that extra 6mm of height that gives seems to be about right for my seats. Haven't finished the passengers yet so can't say about that one.
I made to frame out of 1/4" aluminium so I did end up with about a 6mm lift in the end.

Mounting this way gives me two seat sliders (essentially making it possible to move 1/2 a notch at a time), so even easier to get that perfect position.
Last edited by lazy rambler on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:blackside: 2" Shackles, 31" x 10.5" Buckshot Mudders, 1.6 8V with SU :blackfront:

Now a build in progress

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:27 pm

looking good man , best way to do it In my own opinion to be honest :D
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

lazy rambler
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by lazy rambler » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Both seat's now in. Now I'm hoping to get an MOT before I go much further. Just a few rear light cluster problems to sort out and it should be good to go :thumbup:
:blackside: 2" Shackles, 31" x 10.5" Buckshot Mudders, 1.6 8V with SU :blackfront:

Now a build in progress

lazy rambler
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by lazy rambler » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Rear lights are now all working again. Had the battery on charge all day, fired up first time. Not bad considering how long it's been since I last turned it over, it even held an idle (just).

Now a build in progress

lazy rambler
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by lazy rambler » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Progress has slowed a bit lately, my Audi just had a big repair bill, snapped a CV joint and pulled me into oncoming traffic! Managed to get it back under control and luckily no other damage. Nearside CV snapped, offside boot came off.

The SJ is now ready for an MOT, I'll be stopping round my mechanics tomorrow to book it in.

Now a build in progress

lazy rambler
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by lazy rambler » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 pm

MOT is booked for Friday. Wish me luck.

Now a build in progress

lazy rambler
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by lazy rambler » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:55 pm

Well it failed the mot, off side front wheel bearing, the break pipes I didn't replace, looked fine outside but corroded from the inside and it just failed the emissions test. Better get cracking for the re-test.

Now a build in progress

Anton

Post by Anton » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:09 am

Sorry to hear that buddy. Jimnybits seems to do bearings for cheap, and they claim they're high quality parts built to ISO standards. Hopefully that means they're decent parts, I know the ISO standards are meant to be high.

Still, at least you know what to attack!
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map