hi lift jack

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
samurai gary
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

hi lift jack

Post by samurai gary » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:38 pm

hi, i am thinking of getting a hi lift jack, do i need to make any alterations to my samurai bodywork to use it, also how important are they for off road use....thanks

chrisj410
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: hi lift jack

Post by chrisj410 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:49 pm

you will need to make jacking points(either box section cills, hd front and rear bumpers or buy the wheel straps and weld rings around the car and use the land rover adapter), they are handy as they can double up as a hand winch, they can be very dangerous gotta be careful with them on uneven ground and if you got a handbrake on the transferbox take wheel chocks. they are a handy bit of kit tho

Highlander
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Highlander » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:03 pm

handy tools but the ideal thing to seriously injure or kill yourself with :lol:

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Was just gona say the same thing. I've only used them on landrovers, jacking points in the bumpers. Very handy piece of kit. I'm going to build some points into my kja.

Ian
Cheers

Ian. :)

1987 Suzuki SJ413 KJA - Fixed + Modified in my own way

samurai gary
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by samurai gary » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:08 pm

i am new to off roading and dont plan to do anything e)(treme, just laning and on beginners courses of pay and play sites, mainly used on road, do you think it is worth me having one and doing all the bits on my sj...thanks

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:12 pm

If u go on ur own yea, if you will always be with over people. Take some rope it's safer. Lol or get a winch but that's even more money.

Ian
Cheers

Ian. :)

1987 Suzuki SJ413 KJA - Fixed + Modified in my own way

samurai gary
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by samurai gary » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:18 pm

ok thanks for your advice , i dont think i need one at moment, maybe in future when i get more daring... :salute:

Highlander
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Highlander » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:08 pm

They can be handy but you can do without them.

To be honest the only time I usually use them is if I'm on my own, have nothing to winch off and didn't have (or can't be bothered) to get a ground anchor out

last time i used mine I was at the rear of a few Suzuki's, got bottomed out and everyone just kept going over the hill and left me!! :lol:

Stuck the jack under the winch bumper, lifted it about 12 inches, stuck a couple big rocks underneath the wheels and away you go.