New to the suzuki offroad scene

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
HRspec
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

New to the suzuki offroad scene

Post by HRspec » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:20 am

hi

Left england a couple years ago and now living in denmark. Im currently building up a honda crx 88-91 with a clutched m63 supercharger from a merc, having to reverse the direction of the supercharger to spin it ccw for the honda lump.

Anyway... Im in the market for a fixer upper sj. They rarely come up for sale over here so it gives me time to do a bit of research on them.

Im a bit torn between the tintop and hardtop :S Im going to be using it for fun basically and to use over the winter.

Im hoping to do some suspension mods, build a basic rollcage for it and maybe supercharge it also using another merc unit. So i have a switchable supercharged engine. Interested to see some forced induction builds on these engines.

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Re: New to the suzuki offroad scene

Post by twiss » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:51 am

Hi and welcome to the forum!!!

As you point out, it's a bit of a choice between the ragtop and the tintop....
I've got a soft top one, and a fibreglass roof to go on it in the winter. Best of both worlds, but unfortunately the removable hard tops are difficult to get hold of!!!

If you're serious about supercharging... have a look at this guy's web site:

http://www.nitromax.nl/SAMURAI.HTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Welcome to the club. Hope a suitable one comes up for sale over there.

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:50 pm

:welcome: to the club. Good luck with the hunt for a SJ.

Any pics of the crx? I'm a bit of a fan. I'v had two in the past, a mk3 vti and a mk2 si. I was going to get another but got a Accord type-r instead.
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

HRspec
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by HRspec » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:05 pm

twiss wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum!!!

As you point out, it's a bit of a choice between the ragtop and the tintop....
I've got a soft top one, and a fibreglass roof to go on it in the winter. Best of both worlds, but unfortunately the removable hard tops are difficult to get hold of!!!

If you're serious about supercharging... have a look at this guy's web site:

http://www.nitromax.nl/SAMURAI.HTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks i will have a look into that link.

Ive been looking at the german ebay site and mobile.de and i think it would be probably best to import one from germany. Also seems there are lots of second hand parts to be had cheap in germany :thumbup:

I would love to have both a tintop and soft top ;)

HRspec
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by HRspec » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:13 pm

ferris wrote::welcome: to the club. Good luck with the hunt for a SJ.

Any pics of the crx? I'm a bit of a fan. I'v had two in the past, a mk3 vti and a mk2 si. I was going to get another but got a Accord type-r instead.
Are you a member on crx-uk?

I dont have many pics of the crx as its basically stripped down atm. Its a d16a9 engined crx but im putting a vtec d16z5 in as they are better with boost and a stronger engine. Its going to be seam welded and a jap tintop welded on to get rid of the rust causing sunroof, i have quite a few nice bits to put on her and im in the process of fabricating a header. :brows:

When i got the car, i have some mugen rnr wheels going on.

pic of the merc supercharger, pre rotation.

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Oh cool! Looks like you got the special non rusty edition. Theres not many of those about :lol: . Should be awesome when its finnished.

I am a member of crx-uk, but havent been on there for a while.

On the SJ front i'd say buy a tin top, but i'm bias :P .
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.