2" Body lift

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

2" Body lift

Post by felstmiester » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this fellas so its here.

I wanna do a 2" body lift but noticed the kits on ebay have 8 blocks when i'm sure there's 10????

Also, will a 2" body lift only allow me to get a set of 235/75/15's on??
1.5 ISUZU TD ENGINE. EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE. CUSTOM MADE FRONT & REAR BUMPERS. SAMMY AXLES. RASCAL REARS. RUF. WRX SEATS. FRONT & REAR WINCHES. SNORKEL. FRONT SPOTS & REAR FLOODS. TWIN BATTERIES. FULL WADING KIT. 8.5" WHEELS WITH GRIZZLY CLAWS. OH!!!! AND THE WIFE'S ROASTING TIN!!

Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: 2" Body lift

Post by Darrell » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Yes there are 10 body mounts. If your looking at the cheap kits off flebay they come with long bolts instead of sleeved bolts. As I understand it they are a complete pain in the ass to fit and require cutting holes in the floor. After what I've read it's well worth paying the extra for a good kit.
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:19 pm

yep as Darrel says :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by felstmiester » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Either way your going to have to cut the orriginal threads off the body to be able to put the extended one's in surely?

The nylon one's on ebay look ok to me, its just that in the pic there's 10 lift blocks but in the listing it says 8.

I've got the tyres on now with clearance in the arches. only issue is the front tyres rub on the leafs when on full lock. Suppose it might give me trouble when im off road with the tyres rubbbing the arches maybe. In the mean time i'm gonna fit wheel spacers n see how it goes.
1.5 ISUZU TD ENGINE. EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE. CUSTOM MADE FRONT & REAR BUMPERS. SAMMY AXLES. RASCAL REARS. RUF. WRX SEATS. FRONT & REAR WINCHES. SNORKEL. FRONT SPOTS & REAR FLOODS. TWIN BATTERIES. FULL WADING KIT. 8.5" WHEELS WITH GRIZZLY CLAWS. OH!!!! AND THE WIFE'S ROASTING TIN!!

muddy kev
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by muddy kev » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:03 am

hi, i have those size tyres on mine. i have a 2 inch body lift with up graded springs giving about another 2 inch's. my rear wheels are a pair of rhino rays offset's, fronts are standard but with spacers. doesn't rub on full lock and only just touch's the arch's when going over the real rough stuff.
have got a pair of reversed rims to go on the front but not fitted them yet.
hope this helps.
Kev

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:58 pm

I would get a bits for vits one, they have 10 lift blocks and use custom bolts.

http://www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/samura ... d_304.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can also limit the steering as a last resort if you cant stop the tyres hitting the leaves pretty easily :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by felstmiester » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Sorted. I've made a set of body lift blocks with special studs that thread on the existing ones to save all the hassle. Spacers are on wheels are on and no rubbing at all. One drawback with fitting the big tyres tho is it sacrifices the low gearing and i now find I have to keep on the clutch when in deep mud or water to keep the revs up.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Pics man pics ;)

Glad you got it sorted.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by felstmiester » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Ha wheels are worth more than the the zuke its self :lol:
Attachments
banana lift 1.JPG
banana lift 1.JPG (101.57 KiB) Viewed 10498 times
banana lift 2.JPG
banana lift 2.JPG (100.59 KiB) Viewed 10498 times

suzuki matt
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by suzuki matt » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:23 pm

do you need to extend the fuel filler neck or steering etc was thinking of lifting the body on my santana
1987 SJ416 lwb pick up, vit 8v engine on su carb, 1.0ltr trans box, spoa conversion, twin winch, full roll cage, 31x10.50R15

1990 SJ410 santana soft top very much standard 1 0wner from new 50,000 mile on clock in need of a welder and TLC!!!