Hey

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Turb()
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Hey

Post by Turb() » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:13 pm

I am 99% sure its a 1.0l and NOT a samurai. Despite the fact this is what the log book says lol.
I will have a look at the chassis number when I get a chance :smokin:
Either way, as long as its road legal and seemingly legit I'm not all that bothered what it is!
From tinkering with it and going over it all it would appear that someone has spent a lot of money on it as everything is up together and there is only one tiny weeny rust spot on the front wheel arch, so it could be that at some point it was in an accident and they've fixed it up with a few trucks to make one good one?
Who knows! lol :shock: :P :smokin: 8-)

Turb()
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Turb() » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Right, the front and engine pics as requested!

Im pretty sure thats a 1.0l! But now I have sorted the exhaust it pulls much better! Really quiet and smooth and plenty of torque to.... bump up my pavement :mrgreen: (but dont knock that, when I had the exhaust disconnected it only had the manifold on it, it ran but it was loud and I had to move it and bugger me if I could get it back on the driveway lol, it would not bump up the curb!!)

anyway, and one from the front:

The chassis number matches the log book, so thats all legit. The colour change is on the log book as that clearly isnt a standard colour, and everything else about the car is so mint - the only reason I can think that it says its a 1.3 is if they blew the old engine up and stuck that baby in it and as the engine went down a size didnt think to tell anyone?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Yep deffo 100% 970cc of pure power :lol: the engine mounts must've also been modified as they are in a different position on the 410s and 413s.

Can't quite see the shackle mounts in that pic so its hard to tell what chassis it is? Sounds like you might be right though?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Turb()
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Turb() » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:33 pm

But is it as wide as a sammy? And someone said the suspension is in a slightly different place or something?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:41 pm

If the shackle hangers are directly below the chassis rails its a 410 chassis, I think early 413s did too? the axles do look like they are not as wide as Sammy and there is no brake servo.

I think it might actually be a 410?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Turb()
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Turb() » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Its getting too confusing haha

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:38 pm

The engine bay looks identical to mine, only it's covered in mud 'n' dirt not oil. :lol:

Your body's a 410's, going by the grill. I think your documentation's wrong and you've got a 410 from the factory that's been registered wrong and/or fiddled with by someone.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Turb()
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Turb() » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:44 pm

I think the other giveaway is the 410 dash :?:
lol. I dunno! Hey ho I dont really care that much as either way they are both diddy engines ;)

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:58 pm

:welcome: Welcome to the club.

Looks like a 8-) sj, whatever modal it is :P

I'v spotted quite a few sj's round Bristol recently. I'l have to keep my eye out for you.
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.