India eBay sellers……The good, the bad and the ugly.

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

India eBay sellers……The good, the bad and the ugly.

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:44 pm

So with the increasing amount of parts available from India, the home of the Maruti Gypsy….aka india built LWB SJ. I thought I’d start a thread where everyone can share their experience of parts that they have bought.

Personally I’ve had a mixed experience, some things that are fine, others not so much.

Genuine Maruti parts are good quality so if you can verify they are genuine (come in maruti packets/have correct stickers etc) then I wouldn’t hesitate to buy. I’ve bought maruti parts in Malta before and bought them home with me 😅 customs get a bit suspicious about brake pads in your carry on luggage 🙈

Seller: Gistore_007

Ordered
IMG_9821.jpeg
IMG_9820.jpeg
Non genuine seals loose in the box and not in suzuki packaging.
Counterfeit KOYO bearings, the boxes should have a barcode and QR code to scan to verify that they are genuine and also a holographic sticker, they don’t.

This seller does seem to sell a lot of other parts and I think I’ve had body mount kits from them before that were fine. I won’t use them for bearings again but maybe try some other bits off them as they do sell a lot.

Seller: Autospareparts1978
IMG_9822.jpeg
Non genuine speedo cable however it seems ok so far in the LWB, bit of a bouncy needle but I need to work out if that’s the cable or something else causing it.

Also have some led tail lights from india in the LWB, don’t fit quite as well as the standard lights and I can’t remember who the seller was but they have been fine so far 👍
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

stimpy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: India eBay sellers……The good, the bad and the ugly.

Post by stimpy » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:24 pm

Thanks for that Scottie. It may be worth us keeping this thread and anyone who uses parts drops feedback in here.... I'm sure there must be plenty good stuff out there, it's just finding it all!!

Rankine
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Rankine » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:40 pm

I bought a set of wing mirrors once they both came with passenger side mounts on them... 😂
SJ413 LWB Santana 33s, 94",

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:05 pm

That’s the idea, I’ve had some good things from India.

If we all share are experiences and list the good dnd bad ones we’ve used it’ll make it easier for us to all find the good stuff 🤞
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

tomcat
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by tomcat » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:11 pm

I purchased kingpins and bearing set from India.
Had to get machining done to get the bearing to fit.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:44 pm

tomcat wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:11 pm
I purchased kingpins and bearing set from India.
Had to get machining done to get the bearing to fit.
Can you please advise who the seller was so we know to avoid please. I would be concerned about the bearing quality as well if the kingpin was poor quality. Personally I’ve never had to replace the actual kingpins (I have about 20 sets spare 😅) they rarely wear, genuine KOYO 30302 bearings are easily sourced and cheap in the UK also.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

tomcat
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by tomcat » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:11 pm

Koyoset.jpg
"Can you please advise who the seller was so we know to avoid please. I would be concerned about the bearing quality as well if the kingpin was poor quality. Personally I’ve never had to replace the actual kingpins (I have about 20 sets spare 😅) they rarely wear, genuine KOYO 30302 bearings are easily sourced and cheap in the UK also."

Seller was 'shrishoonya-6' from Delhi. Only 92% rating. Bearings were OK, Koyo's but very tight fit hence machining required.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:52 pm

Thanks.

Were they genuine KOYO or counterfeit? Genuine boxes have a holographic sticker, a barcode and a QR code that you can scan to authenticate them on the KOYO website.
Just a word of caution but I have a suspicion that your bearings were probably counterfeit by the sound of it so they might not last as long as you’d expect 😬

There shouldn’t ever be any machining required to fit kingpins or bearings. I’ve rebuilt a lot of axles in the last 20+ years and never had to.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!