Jordis 1988 Samurai (Re)Build

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: Samurai Remodelling

Post by Jordi » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:51 am

Im thinking something like Audi RS4 blue. However im led to believe that one of my local paint shops has some tins of random colours for cheap so i may see if there is anything i like in the discount section.

Im gona spray it, i've already got all the gear so it shouldnt be too bad. Although im no master at it.

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:28 pm

OK, So I've been busy ish this weekend and got some paint on it. The joints where it's been cut and shut have been filled and primed and a smidge of colour dashed on to see how it's gona look. The only actually properly painted bit is round the back window so I could put the window in.
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG (93.65 KiB) Viewed 7136 times
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG (103.56 KiB) Viewed 7135 times
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG (110.39 KiB) Viewed 7135 times
I know the above post says blue but this paint probably needs using up. Many years ago (before i was born) my Dad had trucks, this is a tin of paint he had left over. I would probably describe it as yellow.

I've also had the underseal gun out and done the rear arches and along the bottom of the back of the cab then painted over it. As we have half a gallon of yellow paint and underseal is black, as is the back window think we are gona go for a yellow and black looks, like a wasp but not quite as threatening!
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Yeah that is definitely yellow :lol: Looks good though, especially with that blacked out window.
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:45 pm

All my work plans went tits up so i spent today in the garage. Stripped down the passenger door and painted it. As i need the anus on the road for work im just doing abit at a time. Jot the best way but its going ok. Just so fiddly stripping the doors down and masking everything. Ordered more masking tape too. Lazy i know but my shopping time is quite restricted.

Photos to follow

Not that my boss reads this, but just by chance, Norway chris?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:01 pm

nice shade of yellow! that looks good!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:41 pm

It's a tray-back banana! NICE :lol:
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:13 pm

More paint splashed about now.
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG (44.52 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG (41.42 KiB) Viewed 7020 times
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG (39.65 KiB) Viewed 7019 times
The proper masking tape is fantastic none of that knock off stuff. Soon as i remove it from the garage i'll get some better photos of it.

Jordi

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:34 pm

You know what'd look good? Black chevrons. Like a Highway maintenance vehicle or a Diesel shunter type locmotive. Here's a pic to give you an idea.

http://www.mywarrington.me.uk/making_tr ... hunter.JPG
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Russ24
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Russ24 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:43 am

that is an amasing build.

inspired, given me some ideas.... simple things like then door sills and stuff like that.

nice one.

thanks for sharing :)
:russ:

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Who knows bout gearboxes? My gearbox is working but either the gate or selectors are dodgy. Even for a sj box its vague and the lever moves just as much in gear as neutral.

I have another gearbox which is ok but needs bearings, has anyone done the bearings, is it a big job? Ive had quotes for a rebuild on it and they are too expensive so im thinking bout doing my spare then swapping them.

Spent the weekend tidying up the wiring loom on the back end, taped it up and shortened some of the wires. I've taken more photos and will update soon as im home again.

Thanks for all the kind words too.

Jordi

p.s. Doing bout 15-20mpg. Think alot of it is my driving mind. Still havn't fitted a choke cable so my carb is quite set right either. Gona try and order it and get a 95amp alternator fitted at the wkend. We'll see.