Ed's wagon

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Ed's wagon

Post by Edweird » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:13 pm

twiss wrote:tune the engine back to how you like it, just keep note of the adjustment you make for MOT time ;)
I like how it's running at the minute....economical.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm

First, I'm going to say sorry for not being very active recently. I've had a lot of stuff going on (depression, leaving Uni, getting a part time and then a full time job, going to see a therapist etc.) and I've had very little chance to sit down in front of my PC.

Started working for a small agricultural contracting firm a month ago. Just a little filler job until I hopefully start at the Steelworks. Seemed like a good job to start with but turns out to be a badly organised disaster. Worst of all, driving my SJ across a grassy field to where we were working yesterday, she drops down an open manhole with grass growing out of it. No sign it was there whatsoever.

It's done the bullbar, which has done the bumper, grill and left wing, and also somehow done the left front brake hose so now I've got no brakes.

Suffice to say, not a happy bunny. To top it off, the chump I'm working for failed to mention he's also virtually bankrupt as well until I'd already started working for him so I'm going to take my cut from the grounds work we've been doing and leave.
Attachments
20150601_180148.jpg
20150601_180148.jpg (450.47 KiB) Viewed 8542 times
20150601_180209.jpg
20150601_180209.jpg (405.19 KiB) Viewed 8542 times

The right way,
The wrong way

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Sorry to hear life's been a bit complicated.

Shame about the zook but it's not to bad a least.
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Hey edd, that sounds rough, have you got plans to fix her up or is she going to sit now? I'm sorry to hear that things have got on top of you. Tell me about your job at Scunthorpe, I did my steelworks apprenticeship at Rotherham (aldwarke) I really enjoyed it.

I've still not called in to visit you, I aught to make the effort and get accross one day, if your up for a Suzuki chat?

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Tramp wrote:Hey edd, that sounds rough, have you got plans to fix her up or is she going to sit now? I'm sorry to hear that things have got on top of you. Tell me about your job at Scunthorpe, I did my steelworks apprenticeship at Rotherham (aldwarke) I really enjoyed it.

I've still not called in to visit you, I aught to make the effort and get across one day, if your up for a Suzuki chat?
Apparently karma's having a bit of a holiday

I want to fix her up, it's just a case of getting the capital together. A friend of mine who runs a little garage in Brigg made me a brake hose for a tenner so she's road worthy at least. I think the best thing to do, when I can afford it, is going to be to buy a little run-about (*read: Suzuki Alto) and put her up somewhere safe for a while. My mate who lives just round the corner doesn't have much in his garage so I think a quick word with his Mum and the old girl can go live in there.

By the third year of my apprenticeship I'll be earning a decent enough amount of money that I think I'll easily be able to afford to get the old girl sorted out; assuming I get the apprenticeship, they're taking their sweet time telling me the result of the interview.

The right way,
The wrong way

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here

Post by donkeychomp » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:05 pm

You'll get your Mojo back matey...at least an Alto is economical, and if you can store the SJ till later then I think that counts as a result.
If it ticks over...leave it

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:54 am

Edweird wrote:
Apparently karma's having a bit of a holiday

I want to fix her up, it's just a case of getting the capital together. A friend of mine who runs a little garage in Brigg made me a brake hose for a tenner so she's road worthy at least. I think the best thing to do, when I can afford it, is going to be to buy a little run-about (*read: Suzuki Alto) and put her up somewhere safe for a while. My mate who lives just round the corner doesn't have much in his garage so I think a quick word with his Mum and the old girl can go live in there.

By the third year of my apprenticeship I'll be earning a decent enough amount of money that I think I'll easily be able to afford to get the old girl sorted out; assuming I get the apprenticeship, they're taking their sweet time telling me the result of the interview.
Don't worry things take time and big company's always take a long time to get sorted out, what discipline have you applied for? Electrical, mechanical, fabricator or production? Good luck with it,

As for your SJ well only you can decide what's best for it, when I laid my zook up I thought it would only be a short term thing, but it ended up being much much longer!!! I hope to have it sorted soon enough...... But we will see, good things come to those who wait! Eh? I'm sure if you put bits of money aside for the zook you'll have enough to fix her up, if your doing it yourself it's just about getting the equipment together to sort it, remember that once you've laid it up and the tax and MOT have expired you will be loath to move it, so make sure it's laid up in a place where you can do the work you need to for when your enthusiasm surges,

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Tramp wrote:Don't worry things take time and big company's always take a long time to get sorted out, what discipline have you applied for? Electrical, mechanical, fabricator or production?
I applied for a 'Structural' apprentice position which is basically a fabricator. By the end of it I should be a coded welder with a forklift licence, overhead crane licence etc.

The right way,
The wrong way

Anton

Post by Anton » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Sounds like a good way to make a living, mate! And a good way to pick up skills you might need to keep the SJ going. :D
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:39 pm

Great work there were plenty of struckies at Rotherham - you should have put down for electrical everyone knows electricians do it best :lol:

One of the struckies I spent some time with in my apprenticeship turned up in my mum and dads house when they were having an extension, he was welding a beam in - I didn't even know he did work on the side!

Also at the power station I work at, they have loads of coded welders in during outage. If you get the qualification there is defiantly work about, locally,

Here's hoping you get it - and if you do I'll bring my zook round too yours for the expert touch!!!