Mikes lwb build and repairs !

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Re: Mikes rotten Kja PROGRESS !!! :)

Post by kiwizook » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:19 pm

that looks like a swb now, with a wheel base of 10" :D

good work man, looks like you're getting the basics down very nicely, keep it up!
It's not a question of how much you spend on your suzuki, but when your money will run out

steve greenc3
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by steve greenc3 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Had to smile, all the effort to get lwb, perhaps if you leave trolley wheels in place that will cure grounding out problems. Its your build Mike, you do it as you want, Red truck was impressive hopefully lwb will be even more impressive. I agree with your build principle of keeping it as much sj/samurai and nut and bolt fitment as they say keep it simple!! ps take some time off work so we don't have to wait so long for next stage. Crack on.

mike harris
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by mike harris » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Thanks mate, yeh I do need some time on it, may have a few days off up t a weekend, try and smash some of it that way.

I've got a solution for the cab, should mean its quite quick to fix. I'm going to cut the cab in half.... Literally !

To be honest it's not going to be much different from the red on, bit longer and a pick up, rear 8274. That's the only changes I plan on making. This way I can put money isn't spares to take to events and stuff. Keeps it all super simple yet I get what I want from the truck.

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here

Post by donkeychomp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:26 am

Still trying to fathom out the reasoning for all this, you had probably the UK's finest SJ offroader and you are tearing it apart for a few more inches? For sure it's your choice but why not just start afresh with the long wheelbase? Why rip apart down such a fantastic Zook?
If it ticks over...leave it

RickUK
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow
Location: Not sure me Tom Tom is bust,but it could be North of Watford Gap.Could be Bedfordshire though.

Post by RickUK » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:39 am

donkeychomp wrote:Still trying to fathom out the reasoning for all this, you had probably the UK's finest SJ offroader and you are tearing it apart for a few more inches? For sure it's your choice but why not just start afresh with the long wheelbase? Why rip apart down such a fantastic Zook?
Thats exactly what i have been saying all the time,no logic of advancement that i can see,of course i may well be missing the reason why but i see it as a massive leap forward with the red one and possibly in my mind a step back with this new project.

Like you it was possibly the best off road SJ in the country,still time to re-think before its ripped apart :thumbup:
Deceased.
SJ413 tinwormed to the great car grave yard in the sky.
Vitara LWB V6 engine deceased and also in the great grave yard in the sky.
www.hideones.info www.hideones.info
Current wheels.
BMW X5 Le Mans 3.0turbo diesel.
Looking for a newish Suzuki Jimny.

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:13 am

bear in mind the red truck has a lot spent on parts, I think anyone would struggle to spend this again on a second vehicle, so the way I see it mike's achieving what he aims for in the best way. a truck is not only about what it is, but also about building and modifying it, it's about the whole experience together
It's not a question of how much you spend on your suzuki, but when your money will run out

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:15 pm

donkeychomp wrote:Still trying to fathom out the reasoning for all this, you had probably the UK's finest SJ offroader and you are tearing it apart for a few more inches? For sure it's your choice but why not just start afresh with the long wheelbase? Why rip apart down such a fantastic Zook?
Parts are expensive. Especially when shipped form the US or custom made.

The bits that aren't bolt on shop bought stuff will have been very time consuming to make.

The only way he would get the money back out of the red SWB would be to break it anyway so it makes perfect sense to just transfer everything across and sell was left over.

That's the way I see it anyway.
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

mike harris
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by mike harris » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Hello

Yeh red trucks cool, but all that's left isn't special, tin top she'll and chassis?

My trucks made up of parts, brilliantly are all bolt on items.

I've always likes kja's so why not make the best one ever?

Mike :)

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Well it'll be the best one around..for sure!
If it ticks over...leave it

mike harris
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by mike harris » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:12 am

Going to cut the cab in half on Saturday !!