195x15 Guyane mud tyres with spacers..?

All tech relating to the newest bread of suzuki 4x4s
buzzuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: 195x15 Guyane mud tyres with spacers..?

Post by buzzuki » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:03 pm

ScottieJ wrote:I think samurais have the perfect width, not super narrow like the 410 but still nowhere near wide enough to fit in ruts. Personally I've just never liked steering feel after fitting spacers, more so on smaller near stock sized tyres. It's not so bad increasing the offset with larger tyres or with wheels with a lot of backspacing as those in effect reduce the scrub radius. It's all about the balance, a little bit of positive scrub radius won't hurt but too much just increases steering effort and feedback too much in my opinion. But as you say each to their own.

tbh for laning you don't need anything special anymore anyway, most lanes are so smooth you could drive them in a freelander.
Lol not round here the fenland farmers make sure we have lots of fun state they leave them in.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:00 am

If you can drive them on 195s they can't be that bad :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

buzzuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by buzzuki » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:32 pm

ScottieJ wrote:If you can drive them on 195s they can't be that bad :lol:
that remains to be seen - last time out was on fairly worn 33" special tracks..

Ju
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Ju » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:30 pm

They will be hard with no weight in as the Jimnys are light at the rear but it means you just need to slow down a bit to make it more comfortable as fitting softer springs will cause the suspension to sag more and all the damping will need to be adjusted as the it will just blow through its travel and will not return fast enough.

buzzuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by buzzuki » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:40 pm

Ju wrote:They will be hard with no weight in as the Jimnys are light at the rear but it means you just need to slow down a bit to make it more comfortable as fitting softer springs will cause the suspension to sag more and all the damping will need to be adjusted as the it will just blow through its travel and will not return fast enough.
yeh see what u mean.. I softened the ride a bit by lowering the tyre pressures and got it so it rides 'OK' on road but I'm toying with the idea of putting some weight in the well under the boot just to take the edge off the judder a bit when laning over ruts etc..

Ju
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Ju » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:56 pm

What tyre pressure are you running?

buzzuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by buzzuki » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:08 pm

Ju wrote:What tyre pressure are you running?
ive not had an accurate gauge on it (tools in storage atm) but I reckon the rears are about 25 and the fronts about 30, basically I just matched the sidewall deformation on the fronts (from the weight if the engine) to the rears. I reckon they need to be softer but was waiting until I get an accurate gauge so I know what I'm doing.