First clean

A place to post all your pictures and videos or links to any you've found on the tinterweb that you think people will enjoy.
only one rule, no nakedness but make it as dirty as you like! (In the muddy kind of way)
combatkenz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

First clean

Post by combatkenz » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:55 pm

I thought it was about time I gave the Suzuki a clean :D . I also painted the hard top black which I think makes a big difference 8-) .

It's been great driving around with the hard top off in this heat.

zook123
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Re: First clean

Post by zook123 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 am

Looks smart! If you were to pick up some new side repeaters it would really finish it off!
2002 Jimny O2 Ragtop
Safari Snorkel, Freewheeling Hub Conversion
Diff Breathers, G/Box and T/Box Breathers, 2in Suspension Lift
HD Recovery Points and Winch Plate
Kuhmo KL71 MT / Goodyear Wrangler AT

Wessex 4X4 Reponse - WE411
wessex4x4response.org.uk

SlimGrim
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by SlimGrim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:20 pm

:hahaha: Damn! I knew I should have bought it haha!
Glad it went to someone who's giving it the love they need :doublethumbs:
I'm just outside of norwich so give us a shout if you ever need someone to go offroading with ;)

1988 SJ413 (JSA) Samurai, SoftTop - White (sometimes)

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Looking good!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

combatkenz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by combatkenz » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks guys!

It does need a bit of TLC but luckily someone has loved it in its past life because it's had a lot of work done.
I may need to fit a new carb because it doesnt like cold starting and the roof is leaking which is slightly annoying when raining! :lol:
SlimGrim wrote::hahaha: Damn! I knew I should have bought it haha!
Glad it went to someone who's giving it the love they need :doublethumbs:
I'm just outside of norwich so give us a shout if you ever need someone to go offroading with ;)
Ha ha yeah the guy did say you looked at it and said it wasn't in bad nick. I'm also in Norwich near Snetterton race track just off the A11.

I'm having a radio fitted tomorrow which will hopefully make it feel a bit more like a car! :lol: Although I think I may need the volume up pretty high to hear anything :lol:

zook123
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by zook123 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:56 pm

What other plans do you have for her?
2002 Jimny O2 Ragtop
Safari Snorkel, Freewheeling Hub Conversion
Diff Breathers, G/Box and T/Box Breathers, 2in Suspension Lift
HD Recovery Points and Winch Plate
Kuhmo KL71 MT / Goodyear Wrangler AT

Wessex 4X4 Reponse - WE411
wessex4x4response.org.uk

combatkenz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by combatkenz » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:54 pm

zook123 wrote:What other plans do you have for her?
Nothing major really just to keep it in good working order to use everyday. I'm thinking of getting a Weber carb but the standard one seems to be ok apart from cold starting which takes a lot if cranking. I'm happy with how it looks so just tidying it up.

SlimGrim
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by SlimGrim » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:29 am

Literally just done a Toyota 3k carb swap on it tonight after putting in like 3 weeks of research and basically it's just a straight swap haha, you'll need your own bolts to bolt it on as the old sj ones go all the way through the old carb block, also need to loop the water lines from the water choke back on itself, plug two vacuums and just a bit of tuning, the throttle pulley bracket will also need to be bent down and adjusted as the sj throttle cable is a tad long and comes lower down on the toy carb, many guides mentioned filling in a vacuum channel and filing in a new one, I haven't so far and haven't seen any negatives or positives of not doing so, runs a heck of a lot better than the old Aisin, I'll post a guide on what I did soon with loads of pics! Ah nice I'm actually residing in long stratton so not too far, if you need a hand with anything I'm more than happy to help!

1988 SJ413 (JSA) Samurai, SoftTop - White (sometimes)

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:35 am

SlimGrim wrote:Literally just done a Toyota 3k carb swap on it tonight after putting in like 3 weeks of research and basically it's just a straight swap haha, you'll need your own bolts to bolt it on as the old sj ones go all the way through the old carb block, also need to loop the water lines from the water choke back on itself, plug two vacuums and just a bit of tuning, the throttle pulley bracket will also need to be bent down and adjusted as the sj throttle cable is a tad long and comes lower down on the toy carb, many guides mentioned filling in a vacuum channel and filing in a new one, I haven't so far and haven't seen any negatives or positives of not doing so, runs a heck of a lot better than the old Aisin, I'll post a guide on what I did soon with loads of pics! Ah nice I'm actually residing in long stratton so not too far, if you need a hand with anything I'm more than happy to help!
Sounds very similar to the Subaru / Daihatsu / Hyundai carb swaps i have done in the past.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

combatkenz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by combatkenz » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:13 pm

SlimGrim wrote:Literally just done a Toyota 3k carb swap on it tonight after putting in like 3 weeks of research and basically it's just a straight swap haha, you'll need your own bolts to bolt it on as the old sj ones go all the way through the old carb block, also need to loop the water lines from the water choke back on itself, plug two vacuums and just a bit of tuning, the throttle pulley bracket will also need to be bent down and adjusted as the sj throttle cable is a tad long and comes lower down on the toy carb, many guides mentioned filling in a vacuum channel and filing in a new one, I haven't so far and haven't seen any negatives or positives of not doing so, runs a heck of a lot better than the old Aisin, I'll post a guide on what I did soon with loads of pics! Ah nice I'm actually residing in long stratton so not too far, if you need a hand with anything I'm more than happy to help!
That sounds pretty good! I'd be interested to know what the mpg is like. I'm getting about 30mpg which I didn't think was bad. Get a guide up 8-) . Not too far then so I'll deffo let you know :D .