Hi From New Member

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Hi From New Member

Post by Andrews » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi Dan and cheers for your research and yes it is the round cylinder 91 92 . I contacted the local Suzuki main dealer albeit without a part number and they stated they no longer have these so I will try another dealer with part number you found . Alternatively I can order from America for about $40 inclusive of shipping so that might be my last resort.
as you have visited Bovington before , I set up a night punch hunt at last event and it was highly regarded and loads of fun and the site is now very wet muddy and challenging and might suit you ? Anyways hope to catch up with you and Scottie in the near future . BTW Helen has stickered up her truck but has left both doors free for the club roundels you said you may do the artwork for ? . Myself and Helen would be proud to advertise this forum on her truck as we have received unbelieveable help and support from everybody . also Btw read the build thread on your truck and was very impressed with your work . Those rear bumpers could make you a fortune as well as the centre gauge assembly . Also you deserve recognition for building a very capable truck that also floats and swims well :P Btw there are now 2 more sunken flooded roads at Bovington and the crocodile population has gone mad lol
Cheers mate :thumbup:

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Also Dan , if I do manage to source these Grommets do you think I should get some extras for other forum members who may be suffering this common SJ problem ? Also will I have to bleed the brake system or just drain the reservoir and lever off , fish the old grommets off our out push new ones in or on , push reservoir on and refill ?

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:30 am

I would be well up for a punch hunt at Bovington but at the moment I'm out of MOT and life is a bit hectic to get anything done on the Zook (house and other cars) although I plan to sort it soon as if it snows and its not legal I won't forgive myself.

I can still come up with some artwork for the doors. Perhaps you could PM me some ideas. Even a little sketch.

I would imagine you could wick out most of the fluid from the reservoir and remove it (I guess by just prying it off) then change the seals carefully and refit it. As long as the piston inside isn't operated while its off and the little bit of fluid in there stays just high enough to keep air from getting in it wouldn't need a bleed.

I spotted the seals for a few dollars each in America but no idea how much shipping was.

I also found a French site where they were a little more but the shipping would probably be less and quicker.

I'm not aware of this being a really common problem but I have a different master cylinder on my truck (Spanish built) and so will a lot of others so probably not worth ordering extras.

Cheers for the comments about my build. Appreciate it.

Hopefully meet up with you again this year once I'm back on the road.

Dan
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:02 pm

hi all just a quick update . ive managed to get these brake master cylinder grommets from town and country Suzuki holybourne in hants ,and hope to pick them up midweek this week .
The next 4x4 only day at Bovington is on sunday 31st January and is limited to 50 trucks . See endeavourmotorsport website or facebook page for details . Seems your busy mate but if you can get your truck motd be great to see you there .
Cheers :thumbup:

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi Dan , managed to get the correct grommets after a couple of failed attempts and the main dealer also ordering and receiving a plastic reservoir and grommets that didn't fit . Anyways I got them to pop them in as it was leaking so much and thought great . Checked truck over today to get it ready for Bovington tomoz and its leaking again from the same place from the grommets . The reservoir seems quite a loose fit on top of the cylinder tube . Ive checked out that the original donor parts for Helens truck came from H36 LRU which is a jap samurai . Question are the Spanish and jap master cylinders interchangeable ?. Or does anyone know of a supplier of a brand new jap master cylinder as ive had no luck with motor factors and the main dealer quoted me £240 plus VAT . Also I,m aware that brake fluid damages paint but does it also eat into metal as its currently dripping onto inner wing and steering column and then on the front chassis leg and after the beautiful job scottie made of cleaning up and painting the chassis , I really don't want it damaged eaten away or weakened ? Any ideas or advice is appreciated :thumbup:
Btw anyone coming to Bovington tomorrow?

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:19 am

Hi All , Correction to my last post about 4x4x s coming to Bovington today . Sorry its bikes only today and 4x4s next weekend . I,m getting old lol .
:S

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:17 am

A common modification
In the usa is to fit a subaru impreza master cyclinder. This
Is to help when fitting rear discs or vitara calipers. Could
Bit a bit ott if your on standard drums at the moment but
If you plan on going disc?
They can be purchased cheap on ebay cheap used.
The one i picked up was 24 quid deliverd used.

My master cyclinder was weeping but appears to have cured its
Self at the moment. So ive yet to sit the scooby one.
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:05 pm

Hi Andyrew, yes ive heard of this mod . the truck has 820 rover discs and calipers on the rear that were fitted by a well known "bodger" sorry meant modifier or so he thinks . The brakes seem fine and touch wood haven't locked the rears thus far . The master cylinder leak is both frustrating and alarming and it appears only in the states can you get an Jap one that is Aisin 7/8 this side of £240 . Plus I would need the pipes modified which adds to the cost if I went the Scooby route . mmmm may end up there anyway but will see.
Have you heard of a manufacturer called Cardone ? these are advertised on the net and in states .?

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:08 pm

Further to my post above about the next event at Bovington next weekend . Sadly this has been cancelled as the MOD has urgent use of the site . Sorry all .

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi All , been a while since here too much work getting in the way !
We have finally finished Helens truck and its a beauty . Used it only a little due to work committments but its been washed and waxed to death and looks mint !
But sadly we will be moving abroad within the next 12 months so Helen has made the heart breaking decision to sell her baby !
The story of its difficult birth is all written here but due to the excellent comunity of this forum its finally finished and done right ! Very right by none other than Scottie the owner and Senior Wizard of this forum and his father .
We have refined it tweaked it and sorted all the gremlins and bugs ( Bar a leaky sump plug ) lol .
Its up for sale and comes with a set of Steels with barely used Fedima F muds and a set of expensive Raptor Wheel Spacers . Its wearing BF Goodrich all terrains on alloys with less than 1000 miles on them .
Yep i know this isnt the for sale section but the trucks history is all here . Its also has a very cool Led light bar on the front bumper and has had lots of soundeadening fitted and the xud has loosened nicely and it goes like stink .
It owes Helen well over £7500 but the nearest offer to £4500 secures it . There will be a donation to this forum upon sale . All the receipts on parts and all expenditure come with this truck .
Pm us to get the details or come see it Phone number can be sent
Cheers guys :cry: