Kiwizook's resto

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Re: Kiwizook's resto

Post by kiwizook » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:17 am

Deck is painted, just needs timber on it now, welded up the last patches in the wheel arch, and welded new bits of pipe on for the bumper mounts, just need to mock up the bumper to weld the mounting plates on. I replaced the release bearing as it squealed badly, when I took the gearbox of I found 3 broken fingers on the pressure plate, so I replaced that and the clutch for good measure. Just waiting on gasket and seals and idler shaft for tbox, so I can do the rebuild on that yet again, should have done the shaft and shifter ball bearings first time around. Rear axle seals are leaking, so that'll need replacing too. After that mainly paint and she'll be done! Can't wait
It's not a question of how much you spend on your suzuki, but when your money will run out

Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:22 pm

:thumbup:
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:33 pm

Rebuilt the tcase, I am just trying to find some new flange nuts that will fit inside the drive shaft. I found some with the right thread, but they're physically too big to fit inside the driveshaft flange, anyone know where I can get new ones, apart from the main stealer?
It's not a question of how much you spend on your suzuki, but when your money will run out

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:32 pm

PICS!
If it ticks over...leave it

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:55 am

As stated

:worthless:
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:32 pm

All right, I'll surrender, I'll take some pics when I'm home in the light, and post them

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:58 am

Sorry guys, still no photos. Finished the timber on the deck, used some macrocarpa, came up looking beautifully. Trans is all back together, and she drives in 4wd now. Working on prepping the last panels for paint, need to sort a new drivers door though, as its a tad rusty, I'll fix it if I can't find another door. The roof is quite loose and vibrates at certain revs, any one have a good idea how to stiffen it up?

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:40 am

What kind of roof is it?
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:08 am

Original steel roof, it has no bracing, and no obvious places to mount any either. I was thinking of maybe welding some reinforcement hoops to the roof skin, or try heat shrinking it with a good gas torch

SherwoodNash
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by SherwoodNash » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:25 am

My sis lives in Auckland :D you can borrow her camera! :snap: