RUF spring perch extensions

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
palo123
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: RUF spring perch extensions

Post by palo123 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Anton, i'm just looking for a better ride quality with a little lift which is quite simple yet not costing a bomb.

The thing about the missing links opening up did come up in a bit of research i did but i was just looking for other ways to do ruf and found missing links were another alternative. I guess they are used mainly to increase flex off road, which i'm not too fussed about.

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Rather than missing links, then, howabout making something similar that locks into place somehow? Maybe add a small piece to the missing link that you can bolt into the hole in the chassis just above?

If it's not about articulation, then that should get you where you need to go without worrying about unstable handling on the road.

Although, having looked at the link you provided, I have to ask - isn't that just as much work as the chassis extensions that ScottieJ posted about?

That looks like as much, if not more work than:

A piece of box section cut at an angle, with a piece that slots inside the chassis welded to the back, then a bushing sleeve welded on the bottom. Seems like a few hours work to me.

Although I do like the way he's made the bushing sleeve much, much more. Looks much more beefy.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

palo123
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by palo123 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Cheers Anton
TBH i don't know if i wan't flex or not. Seeing as its just as much work to make the M/L i'll probably go with the relocating brackets.

I think i was just trying to figure out if the M/L give any added benefits to the ruf conversion and seeing as they could effect driving on the road negatively i'll use the relocating brackets.