oil leak

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
rockinsuzuki58
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

oil leak

Post by rockinsuzuki58 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:10 am

hi everybody i have a problem i was a mechanic years ago i have an oik leak looks like the rear crankshaft seal and lately it has started leaking from what looks like the front crankshaft seal so i checked the rocker cover breather and it was blochen with grey gunge its definately not the head gasket its only because i do short runs it seems better since i cleaned the breather i havent taken the rocker cover off when the engine running the breather on top of the rocker cover is clear any ideas is this a problem with samurais /the breather pipe from the rocker cover goes to the air filter with a t piece but the one from the t piece has been blocked off and the inlet on the manifold blocked off i dont think this is the problem as i have had the anus for 4 years and it was ok then mybe the breather was the problem the engine oil hasnt been changrd fot about 4 years but has not don hardly 200 miles in the last 4 years could it be the thin oil finding the leaks thankyou toy in cyprus

rockinsuzuki58
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: oil leak

Post by rockinsuzuki58 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:02 am

sury someone can help i have cleaned a blocked rocker cover breather an it seems ok now could it have been the breather?

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: oil leak

Post by Jordi » Fri May 15, 2020 11:49 am

If the rocker breather is blocked it will cause inside the rocker cover to pressurise.

The t-piece is supposed to be connect to the PCV valve on the manifold. Not sure of the technical reasons but the valve has a one way style bearing in it that can become coked up.

Definitely worth taking the valve off and making sure it is clean inside and refitting the pipe to it.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank